Kirk Thomas Cameron (born October 12, 1970 in Panorama City, California) is an American actor who is best known for his role as Mike Seaver on the sitcom Growing Pains.
He became a born-again Christian during his time on the show and argued with the producers over the show's scripts, going so far as to call them "pornographers". Since Growing Pains ended, he has become active in evangelical Christianity and has taken controversial positions on issues such as creationism and homosexuality, along with starring mostly in conservative, Christian-themed films since.
His sister is actress Candace Cameron Bure.
- Like Father, Like Son (1987) — Chris Hammond
- Listen to Me (1989) — Tucker Muldowney
- The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (1995 version) — Dexter Riley
- Left Behind: The Movie and its sequels — Cameron "Buck" Williams
- Touched by an Angel— Chuck Parker (1 episode)
- Family Law — Mitchell Stark (1 episode)
- Fireproof — Caleb Holt
- Saving Christmas — As Himself
Tropes associated with the actor:
- Dull Surprise: His mode of acting is pretty much "if you don't see him talking, you don't see him acting".
- Wag the Director: He's done this pretty much most of his acting career. In Fireproof, he refused to do a kissing scene with his co-star Erin Bethea because he felt it would violate his Christian principles, so his wife Chelsea Noble was used as a stand-in for that scene.