Kevin McKidd (born August 9, 1973) is an actor from Scotland. He made his film debut in Small Faces, with his breakout roles being Private Cooper in Dog Soldiers, Roman soldier Lucius Vorenus in Rome, and Dr. Owen Hunt in Grey's Anatomy.
Not to be confused with fellow actor Kevin McHale.
- Small Faces: Malky Johnson
- Trainspotting: Tommy MacKenzie
- The Acid House: Johnny
- Dog Soldiers: Private Lawrence Cooper
- 16 Years of Alcohol: Frankie
- Rome: Lucius Vorenus
- Journeyman: Dan Vasser
- Grey's Anatomy: Dr. Owen Hunt
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Poseidon
- Bunraku: Killer #2
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series: Captain John "Soap" MacTavish
- Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox: Thomas Wayne/Batman
- Brave: Lord MacGuffin and Young MacGuffin
- Toy Story That Time Forgot: Reptilus Maximus
- Star Wars Rebels: Fenn Rau
Tropes appearing in his works:
- Actor Allusion: His roles as Fenn Rau and Reptilus Maximus are references to his role in Rome.
- Badass Baritone: In part because of his Scottish accent. When he played as Batman for The Flashpoint Paradox, he made his American voice impression raspier.
- Brave Scot: Whenever he plays as a character in the British Isles (especially earlier on his career when he still used to live there, since nowadays, he lives near Hollywood), he's usually bound to be this.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: His characters are usually a bit wound tight, but they mean well.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: If he's playing as a warrior (not a modern day soldier), his character is bound to be this.
- Word of Saint Paul: According to fellow Rome actor James Purefoy, the both of them are not happy that Rome was Screwed by the Network in favor of Game of Thrones and have expressed disinterest in ever taking up roles in any more HBO series including Game of Thrones, unlike some of their other Rome co-stars. However, Purefoy later seemed to retract that statement, praising Game of Thrones and HBO, though whatever McKidd's opinion about the subject nowadays remains up in the air.