Kevin J. Anderson is one of the more prolific, and controversial, writers of Expanded Universes, having worked on Star Wars novels (now under the Star Wars Legends umbrella), the Dune prequels, The X-Files and Starcraft tie-ins, among others.
Works by Kevin J. Anderson with their own trope pages include:
- Dune prequels/sequels:
- Enemies & Allies
- The Saga of Seven Suns
- Gamearth Trilogy
- The Hellhole Trilogy
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Novelization)
- Jedi Academy Trilogy
- Young Jedi Knights
- Tales of the Jedi
- Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina (editor, and author of "Swap Meet: The Jawa's Tale")
- Tales of the Bounty Hunters (editor, and author of "Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88")
- Tales from Jabba's Palace (editor, and author of "A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor Keeper's Tale")
Other works by Kevin J. Anderson provide examples of:
- Fantasy Pantheon: In the Terra Incognita series, the supreme god Ondun has three sons: Jorun, who stayed to rule the literal Heaven on Earth, Terravitae, and his other two sons Aiden and Urec, who he sent out to explore the world and whose later quarrel formed the basis for the two religions in conflict in the story.
- Schizo Tech: In the Terra Incognita series the general tech level is the usual Middle Ages type found in fantasy stories but the Saedrans use navigational equipment better suited to the 18th century that enable them to determine longitude and the Urecari invent crude, balloon based airships.