Need a guy to play a villain, with a very deep voice? Kevin Grevioux is your man.
Kevin Grevioux (born September 9, 1962 in Chicago, Illinois) is an American actor and voice actor, best known as Raze in the first Underworld. He's also Dekar in I, Frankenstein, Black Beetle in Young Justice, Terrax in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!, and the Super-Skrull in Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H..
He's also One of Us, being a fan of comics. He even formed two comics studios and has written comics, including the comic I, Frankenstein was based on and creating Blue Marvel. He was also the co-writer of Underworld. Oh, and he's a Genius Bruiser, too, he was working on getting a Master's degree in genetic engineering before he became an actor. He also has a degree in microbiology, and minors in both chemisty and psychology. In fact, a lot of the science in Underworld came from him.
Notable Roles by Kevin Grevioux:
- Animal Crackers (2017): Samson the Strong Man
- The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!: Terrax
- The Batman: Solomon Grundy or rather Clayface when he impersonated Grundy.
- Cannon Busters: Black Claw
- Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.: Super-Skrull
- I, Frankenstein: Dekar
- Underworld (2003): Raze
- Young Justice: Black Beetle
Tropes associated with Kevin Grevioux:
- Badass Bass: As many people can attest, his voice hasn't been altered in any way; his voice really is that deep.
- Creator Cameo: He co-wrote Underworld and wrote the comic I, Frankenstein is based on.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Black Beetle, Terrax, Super-Skrull, and Solomon Grundy (even if he turned out to be Clayface) all benefited greatly from his voice in this regard. And Raze turned out to not really be evil.
- Genius Bruiser: He has a degree in microbiology and was studying for his master's in genetic engineering before turning to acting; in fact, a lot of the science in Underworld came from him.
- Write What You Know: In addition to the science, Underworld was also based on his experiences with interracial dating.