Kevin Connolly is an American actor and director. He was born on March 5, 1974 in Patchogue, New York. In terms of his acting career, he's best known for his role as Eric Murphy in the series Entourage and his role as Ryan Malloy in the series Unhappily Ever After. Connolly additionally directed the 2018 feature film Gotti, which stars John Travolta as the titular New York mobster.
Tropes associated with Connolly's work include:
- Anachronic Order: Gotti jumps back and forth in time often, with there being little rhyme or reason as to the order.
- Based on a True Story: Gotti, naturally enough, focuses on the titular mobster and his family.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall / No Fourth Wall:
- The regular story-line of Gotti and Gotti Jr.'s lives gets interrupted by Gotti appearing in a meta-character sense, in which he even comments on his own death.
- Unhappily Ever After also has this as a core element, with characters acknowledging openly that an audience is watching them on a TV show.
- Defiant to the End: The titular protagonist of Gotti states that every bit of time he lives through his cancer is a moment that he keeps pissing off the U.S. government by staying around.
- Denser and Wackier: Unhappily Ever After out as a fairly standard sitcom only to evolve into something like a live-action cartoon.
- The Unfavorite: Connolly's Unhappily Ever After character is this in spades.