If you were right the first time then how could you be wrong?
Ken Ashcorp is a internet musician (singer, songwriter, guitarist) who resides in the British Virgin Islands. Originally he made songs ranging from a little over a minute to several minutes in length, and from straight humor to more serious topics under the youtube channel name foreverpandering, that is until he deleted his channel and went on to make a different line of music under his name, Ken Ashcorp, on youtube.
His songs typically use another work, franchise, or focus as a theme to reference from throughout the song, not as parody but as a song with its own message that is made only more clear by knowing the original work, sometimes revealing double meanings and occasionally even spoilers that would've otherwise gone unnoticed. Comparisons can be drawn to Area 11, such as their song "Euphemia", which is based on Code Geass.
The reason for his shift from the first channel to his current one was based on the regular criticism he received in youtube comments on his being apart of the furry fandom, the same reason why his current channel's comments are disabled. Opinions vary greatly on his decision to to this as well as his taking on Kenny as his mascot and his new sound of music, which is more conventional and professional, though still not mainstream like his original work.
Ken Ashcorp's new music can be listened to on his channel on youtube, bought on iTunes, and both at Bandcamp. His new music and some of the videos he took down can be found on a playlist here. He also has a small following on twitch, and a Facebook.
Band Camp Songs:
- "I Wish There Were Still Dinosaurs", "Vuvu Hero", "Tasteless" (2010)
- "ARTOSIS", "DESTINY", "PvP", "20 Percent Cooler" (2011)
- "Ryder Or Riot", "Touch Fluffy Tail", "Shut Up And Trust This", "Supernatural", "Rival" (2012)
- "Crazy Chicks", "Absolute Territory" (2013)
- "In The Zone", "Burgz" (2014)
- "Wear", "Hunter", "On The Rocks" (2015)
Tropes found in his Music:
- Author Appeal: Everything he does is based off of something he likes, such as "Supernatural" being about Gravity Falls, "Shut Up and Trust This" about RPGS and Disgaea, and "Burgz" about burgers.
- Badass Boast: Not uncommon, "Touch Fluffy Tail" and "20 Percent Cooler" both have these crop up.
- Bifauxnen: Zigzagged with Kenny, whom in some cover arts, like "Absolute Territory", is very clearly a girl, but in others looks very much like a guy, like "Vuvu" and "Supernatural"note .
- Boastful Rap: Like above, played straight with "20 Percent Cooler", though not as much as in "Touch Fluffy Tail".
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: In "TASTELSESS".
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: "Shut Up and Trust This", as it is based on Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: In "I Wish There Were Still Dinosaurs", where he says he'd brofist a pterodactyl, ride a t-rex, and crush his enemies with a velociraptor...
- Fantastic Arousal: "Touch Fluffy Tail", if the title wasn't a hint.
- Food Songs Are Funny: If one can keep up with the references, "Burgz" will be this.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: A handful of the cover arts, and "20 Percent Cooler" if you believe the perspective is from a girl.
- Hidden Depths: Apparently bakes on occasion.
- Intercourse with You: Yes.
- Looped Lyrics: The end of "I Wish There Were Still Dinosaurs":Brofist Mother fucking brofist Mother fucking brofist Mother fucking brofist Mother fucking brofist brofist brofist brofist brofist brofist brofist brofist...
- Surprisingly Gentle Song: "Wear" is soft all the way through.
- "When I'm Gone" Song: Downplayed in "Supernatural" with the chorus:Yeah I'll gravitate towards you
Or you'll miss me when I'm gone...
- Which, in hindsight, actually falls in line with the most recent episodes of Gravity Falls.