Kelly Overton (born August 28, 1978 in Wilbraham, Massachusetts) is an American actress. She was born and raised in Wilbraham, Massachusetts, and studied at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York City, where she graduated with their highest honor, The Charles Jehlinger Award.
While living in New York she performed Off-Broadway, in regional Shakespeare, and on several small roles on TV shows. After a few regional theater jobs and a stint Kelly describes as the "pan-handling runaway lesbian with dreadlocks named Rain" on All My Children, she made the leap to Broadway.
She's been married to fellow actor Judson Pearce Morgan since 2004 and they have three children.
- All My Children (2000 — 2001) as Rain Wilkins
- Without a Trace (2003) as Audrey Rose
- CSI: NY (2005) as Lynette Richmont
- Cold Case (2007) as Johanna Kimball 1981
- Criminal Minds (2007) as Lizzie Evans
- NUMB3RS (2007) as Andrea Barton / Tracy Meade
- Psych (2008) as Ashley Bamford
- Medium (2009) as Robin Aaronson
- CSI: Miami (2009) as Kaitlyn Sawyer
- NCIS (2009) as Megan Hanley
- Three Rivers (2009 — 2010) as Rena Yablonski
- In Plain Sight (2011) as Grace Haddick / Grace Littleton
- Beauty and the Beast (2012 — 2013) as Claire Sinclair
- True Blood (2012 — 2013) as Rikki Naylor
- Legends (2015) as Nina Brenner
- Van Helsing (2016 — Present) as Vanessa Helsing
This actress provides examples of:
- Amazonian Beauty: She has a toned figure and is usually cast as an attractive Action Girl.
- Bare Your Midriff: She is famous for this as Christie in Tekken.
- Gender-Blender Name: In The Collective 2008 she plays a woman named Tyler Clarke.
- Ms. Fanservice: Some of her roles take advantage of her good looks, especially in True Blood.
- Passionate Sports Girl: In her youth she was a star athlete, playing soccer, basketball and was even undefeated in Western Massachusetts in the high hurdles.