Katherine Evelyn Anita "Katie" Cassidy (born November 25, 1986 in Los Angeles, California) is an American actress, known primarily for her roles in television and horror films.
Cassidy had her breakthrough in 2012, after being cast as Laurel Lance / Black Canary, on The CW television series Arrow. Cassidy has reprised her role in the Arrowverse series The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. She also directed one episode of season 8 of Arrow.
She's the daughter of David Cassidy, best known for his work on The Partridge Family, and niece of Shaun Cassidy. She was married to Matthew Rodgers between 2018 and 2020 and briefly appended his last name in her acting credits.
- 7th Heaven (2005) as Zoe
- When a Stranger Calls (2005) as Tiffany Madison
- Click (2006) as Samantha Newman (27 years old)
- Black Christmas (2006) as Kelli Presley
- Supernatural (2007-08) as Ruby
- Taken (2008) as Amanda
- Harper's Island (2009) as Patricia "Trish" Wellington
- Melrose Place (2009-10) as Ella Simms
- A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) as Kris Fowles
- Gossip Girl (2010, 2012) as Juliet Sharp
- Monte Carlo (2011) as Emma Perkins
- New Girl (2011) as Brooke
- Arrowverse as Dinah Laurel Lance / Black Canary / Black Siren / Siren-X
- The Scribbler (2014) as Suki
- Hidden Agenda (2017) as Rebecca "Becky" Marney (voice)
She provides examples of:
- Casting Gag: She's a renowned "Scream Queen" and was cast as Black Canary, a character well-known for being just that.
- Chronically Killed Actor: She's been killed several times on-screen. Specific examples include, being killed unceremoniously offscreen (When a Stranger Calls), unwillingly overdosed (Taken), body possessed by a demon then leaves it lifeless note (Supernatural), stabbed (Harper's Island, Arrow), repeatedly slashed (A Nightmare on Elm Street), briefly pulverized before Cosmic Retcon (Arrow).
- Evil Doppelgänger: She plays two evil incarnations of Black Canary in the Arrowverse. The first is a major character who eventually undergoes a HeelFace Turn, while the second is a generic Monster of the Week.
- Gamer Chick: An avid gamer. She plays a lot of Call of Duty and Mortal Kombat.
- Horror: She made a career starring in these type of films.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Laurel Lance in Vixen and Becky Marney in Hidden Agenda.
- In the Blood: Many of her paternal relatives have worked in the show business. Other than David, her grandparents, Jack and Evelyn, and one uncle, Patrick, are actors as well. Another uncle, Shaun, is an actor-turned-television producer.
- Remake: Three of her films; When a Stranger Calls, Black Christmas and A Nightmare on Elm Street.