Katherine Evelyn Anita "Katie" Cassidy Rodgers (born November 25, 1986) is an American actress, known primarily for her roles in television and horror films.
She's the daughter of David Cassidy, best known for his work on The Partridge Family.
- 7th Heaven (2005) as Zoe
- When a Stranger Calls (2005) as Tiffany Madison
- Click (2006) as 27 year-old Samantha Newman
- Black Christmas (2006) as Kelli Presley
- Taken (2008) as Amanda
- Supernatural (2008 — 2009) as Ruby
- Harper's Island (2009) as Patricia "Trish" Wellington
- Melrose Place (2009 — 2010) as Ella Simms
- Gossip Girl (2010, 2012) as Juliet Sharp
- A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) as Kris Fowles
- Monte Carlo (2011) as Emma Perkins
- Arrowverse (2012 — present) in various roles:
- as Laurel Lance / Black Canary (2012 — 2016):
- as Laurel Lance / Black Siren (2016 — present):
- as Laurel Lance / Siren-X (2017 — 2018):
- The Flash (2018)
- The Scribbler (2014) as Suki
- Wolves at the Door (2016) as Sharon Tate
- Hidden Agenda (2017) as Rebecca "Becky" Marney
She provides examples of:
- Casting Gag: She's a renowned "Scream Queen" and was cast as Black Canary, a character well-known for being just that.
- Chronically Killed Actor: She's been killed several times on-screen. Specific examples include, being killed unceremoniously offscreen (When a Stranger Calls), unwillingly overdosed (Taken ), body possessed by a demon then leaves it lifeless note (Supernatural), stabbed (Harper's Island, Arrow), repeatedly slashed (A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)), briefly pulvarized before Cosmic Retcon (Arrow).
- Dyeing for Your Art: She lost a significant amount of weight during the production of Arrow Season 2, to better convey Laurel's addictions to painkillers and alcohol. The following season, she bulked up in the gym as Laurel suited up as Black Canary.
- Enforced Method Acting: In Arrow's fourth season, she apparently trained with Caity Lotz (her on-screen sister and Canary predecessor) occasionally, likely to establish their characters as a Sibling Team in future episodes.
- Horror: She made a career starring in these type of films.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Laurel Lance in Vixen and Becky Marney in Hidden Agenda (2017).
- Remake: Three of her films; When a Stranger Calls, Black Christmas (2006) and A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010).
- Reality Subtext: In Arrow, she played a character who has an alcoholic father. Her real life father also has alcohol problems.
- Those Two Actors:
- Has appeared with Leighton Meester on both Gossip Girl and Monte Carlo.
- Has appeared with Willa Holland on both Gossip Girl and Arrow.
- Oddly, she and Stephen Amell both guested on New Girl in its first season on separate occasions, shortly before their stint on Arrow.
- Has appeared with Debby Ryan in two independent films in 2018, Cover versions and Grace.