Kathryn Elsbeth Erbe (born July 5, 1965 in Newton, Massachusetts) is an American actress. Having been active for over twenty years, her most famous roles include as lone female Death Row inmate Shirley Bellinger on Oz and tough-as-nails Detective Alexandra "Alex" Eames on Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
She was married to actor Terry Kinney and they have two children.
- What About Bob?
- D2: The Mighty Ducks
- Homicide: Life on the Street
- Stir of Echoes
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Blue Bloods
- How to Get Away with Murder
- Dawson Casting: Even though she was in her mid-twenties at the time, she played a teenager in What About Bob?.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: At 5'2", virtually everyone she stars with is noticeably taller than she is, especially her 6'4" Criminal Intent co-star Vincent D'Onofrio.
- Like Brother and Sister: Apparently she and co-star Vincent D'Onofrio have this kind of relationship — unsurprisingly so given how long and closely they worked together. D'Onofrio fondly calls her "Kate".
- Playing Against Type: Many who know her as Eames will be shocked to see her as the evil and psychotic Shirley Bellinger.