Katherine Langford (born 29 April 1996 in Perth, Australia) is an Australian actress. She began her career in 2015 acting in independent films before breaking into American media with the focal role of Hannah Baker in 13 Reasons Why. Since then she's appeared in a few high-profile projects, including Love, Simon and Knives Out.
Her sister Josephine Langford is also an actress.
- 13 Reasons Why (20172018; 2020): Hannah Baker
- Love, Simon (2018): Leah Burke
- Robot Chicken (2018): Steffy
- Knives Out (2019): Meg Thrombey
- Cursed (2020): Nimue
- Spontaneous (2020): Mara Carlyle
- Savage River (2022): Miki Anderson
- The Cast Show Off: She performed the song "I Could Be Your King" for Cursed.
- Dawson Casting: Many of her roles have been teenage girls, while Langford herself was in her twenties.
- She was twenty during the filming of 13 Reasons Why's first season, playing seventeen year old Hannah. Given that the show revolves around topics such as suicide and sexual assault (and graphically depicts them), it's unsurprising they went with a slightly older actress. The last time she played the character in the fourth and final season, Langford was twenty-three during filming.
- Leah in Love, Simon is a high school student while Langford was nearly twenty-one.
- She was twenty-one when she played high school senior Mara in Spontaneous and twenty-four when the movie was released.
- Nimue in Cursed is stated to be in her late teens, whereas Langford was twenty-three during filming.
- Deleted Role: She had filmed a scene as an older version of Morgan Stark in Avengers: Endgame, but it was cut from the final film. The scene is available on the Disney+ release.
- Fake American: Her three most prominent roles in addition to others have been her playing an American teenager.
- Fake Brit: In Cursed, playing the British Nimue.
- Star-Making Role: She primarily appeared in small independent films before being cast as Hannah in 13 Reasons Why, which gave her career a significant boost; her performance was critically acclaimed and earned her a Golden Globe nomination, and she went on to appear in higher-profile films and shows.
- What Could Have Been: She unsuccessfully auditioned for a role in historical drama series Will prior to being cast as Hannah Baker.