Kaiji Tang is an Los Angeles-based voice actor, one of the newcomers in the industry, voicing in several anime and mostly video games.
While he doesn't tend to get cast for leads, he's one example of an actor who's very hard to pigeonhole. His voice could go to plain, to suave, to laid back and even to stoic badass.
Also goes under the alias "Juicey Flannigan", usually for internet-based work.
Has a YouTube account, and is the host of a series called Voices of Gaming where the voice actors of various games are recorded playing the games they worked on. Hilarity does indeed ensue. And as of 2018, he is also the dungeon master of a Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying web series on Twitch called Dark & Dicey.
Roles done by Kaiji Tang, unknown to death, nor known to life.:
- Accel World: Blue Knight
- Ano Hana The Flower We Saw That Day: Tetsudou "Poppo" Hisakawa
- The Asterisk War: Dirk Eberwein
- Battle Royale: Shogo Kawada
- Berserk (2016): Guts
- Bravely Default: Dr. Qada
- Bungou Stray Dogs: Osamu Dazai (First role with Studiopolis)
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: Yasuhiro Hagakure (Darrin'd by Christopher Bevins in the anime adaptation)
- Dead or Alive 5: Jann Lee, replacing Darren Criss.
- Death Battle: Roronoa Zoro, Samurai Jack and Aquaman.
- Detective Pikachu: Detective Pikachu (yes, that Pikachu)
- Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker: Yamato Hotsuin
- Disgaea 5: Red Magnus
- Doraemon: Takeshi "Big G/Giant" Goda
- Durarara!!x2: Eijirou Sharaku
- Dynasty Warriors: Sima Zhao
- Fairy Fencer F: Fang
- The Familiar of Zero: Jean Colbert and Derflinger (season 1 only)
- Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works], Fate/Grand Order: First Order and Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel: Archer (replacing Liam O'Brien)
- Fire Emblem Awakening: Owain
- Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage: Kenshiro
- Guilty Gear Xrd: Faust
- Hunter × Hunter (2011 anime): Koala Ant
- Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu: Oodenta Mitsuyo
- Kill la Kill: Tsumugu Kinagase
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel: Gaius Worzel (reprises his role in the sequel)
- Lyrical Nanoha series: Shiro Takamachi and Graf Eisen
- Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic: Ren Kouen
- Maplestory: Luminous and the White Mage
- Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan: Akifusa Kekain
- One-Punch Man: Armored Gorilla and Golden Ball
- Persona 5: Munehisa Iwai
- Pokémon Generations: Looker
- Record of Grancrest War: Milza Kuces
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Hendrickson
- Skullgirls: One of Parasoul's Egrets
- Smite: Ao Kuang (New model; Kent Williams voices the old one)
- Soulcalibur V: Creation Voice 2 (Male)
- Sword Art Online: Schmidt
- Tales of Graces: Raymond Ozwell
- Tekken: Blood Vengeance: Lee Chaolan
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Violet
- TOME: Tsuzuku
- Wakfu: Nox and Bump note
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged (IN 3D!): Yubel
Tropes associated with Kaiji Tang:
- Badass Baritone: Several of his roles, such as Tsumugu and Kenshiro.
- Large Ham: Several of his roles, most notably Owain.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Though relatively new to voice acting, this man is pretty hard to pigeonhole, going from Faust to Tsumugi Kinagase to Fang.
- Rated M for Manly: A lot of his roles come out as this.
- It Is Pronounced Tro Pay: With one assuming his name is most likely Asian, it would be pronounced more as "Ky-jee Tah-ng" with a high "a" vowel instead of "Taa-ng" with a low "a" vowel.
- He also pronounces his first name "Kay-jee" rather than "Ky-jee".
- So as I pray, UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!