Jon Watts (born June 29, 1981) is an American film director, producer and screenwriter.
He is best known for his work on the Marvel Cinematic Universe Spider-Man films, and largely due to the success of these films he was set to helm the next cinematic take on the Fantastic Four in it, but stepped away from the position amicably, citing that he needed a break after No Way Home. Prior to this, he directed and co-wrote Clown and Cop Car as well as directing numerous episodes of The Onion's news network.
- Our RoboCop Remake — Scene 31 (2014)
- Clown (2014)
- Cop Car (2015)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Sony's Spider-Man Universe
- Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)note
Common tropes in his films:
- What Could Have Been: He was going to direct the Marvel Cinematic Universe Fantastic Four film, but left the project in April 2022.