John Noble (born 20 August 1948) is an Australian film and television actor.
- The Lord of the Rings as Denethor
- 2002 The Two Towers (Extended Edition only)
- 2003 The Return of the King
- 2004 Fracture as Howard Peet
- 2006 Running Scared as Ivan Yugorsky
- 2010 The Last Airbender as Dragon Spirit
- 2013 Superman Unbound as Brainiac
- 20012006 Home and Away as Dr. Helpman
- 2007 24 as Anatoly Markov
- 20082013 Fringe as Walter Bishop/Walternate
- 2011 Transformers: Prime as Unicron
- 2013 The Good Wife as Matthew Ashbaugh
- 20132017 Sleepy Hollow as Henry Parish/Jeremy Crane
- 2014 Rake as Clayton Post
- 2015-2016 Elementary as Morland Holmes, Sherlock's father
- 2017-Present Legends of Tomorrow as the voice of Mallus and as himself
Tropes Associated with John Noble:
- As Himself: An especially fun case in Legends of Tomorrow that smashes Celebrity Paradox to pieces. After he provided the voice for disembodied Big Bad Mallus all season, the heroes discover that the actor John Noble's voice is uncannily similar. Using time travel, they record him saying a few things that will lure Mallus' host body into a trap.
- Fake American: As as Walter Bishop, Leland Monroe, and The Scarecrow (Dr. Jonathan Crane).
- Typecasting: Tends to play characters who are either mean or insane. Has also played a few estranged father who have rocky relationships with their sons, such as Morland Holmes.