Joey Richter is one of the members of the group known as Team Starkid.
Tropes that apply to this actor include:
- The Baby of the Bunch: Started out as this in the old days, being three years younger than most of the rest of the troupe; notably, he was the only Starkid member still in college when Starship was made, and had to juggle starring in a full-length musical with finishing his last semester before graduation. (This may be why he's "Joey" while Joseph Walker and Joseph Moses are both "Joe".)
- Creator Couple: Although they only publicly revealed they were a romantic couple when they got engaged in 2020, Lauren Lopez and Joey Richter have been one of Starkid's most iconic couples since people started Actor Shipping them eight years prior (with the pretty unsubtle hints all over their social media that they were together but keeping it an Open Secret).
- The Danza: Played Joey Richter in Me and My Dick.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: There's some Self-Deprecation written into Me and My Dick where Joey's Heart lambasts Joey for his "crooked jaw" that means he'll "never make it as a leading man". His huge Estrogen Brigade of fans would strongly disagree that his asymmetrical face is anything but an asset.
- Hollywood Pudgy: Both the A Very Potter Musical trilogy and Me and My Dick give Joey a lot of crap for his chubby physique, even though he's clearly nowhere near fat — possibly because we see him next to classical Hunks like Joe Walker and Darren Criss. It's noticeable that he's lost a fair amount of weight over time, which has been part of what's changed his image from The Ingenue (with a "baby face") to someone known for playing charming villains.
- The Ingenue: Was very much this (see The Baby of the Bunch) in his early lead roles with Starkid, most notably as the star of Me and My Dick and Starship, which provides some humorous contrast to the darker roles he started playing with The Trail to Oregon!.
- Loads and Loads of Roles: In The Trail to Oregon!, he played numerous smaller roles, constantly changing on the dime and nailing it.
- Real-Life Relative: His role as Ron Weasley in A Very Potter Musical was because he and Darren Criss were roommates, and this would've continued had Darren been available to play Dick in Me and My Dick as planned. Nowadays, he's engaged to fellow longtime Starkid member Lauren Lopez.
- Those Two Actors: He and Jaime Lyn Beatty have been paired together a lot in Starkid shows — initially as brother and sister in the A Very Potter Musical trilogy and then, hilariously, as romantic partners in several other shows (Joey and Sally in Me and My Dick, the Daughter and the Bandit King in The Trail to Oregon!, and Ted and Charlotte in The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals).
- The Very Potter trilogy (2009 - 2012): Ron
- Me and My Dick (2009): Joey Richter
- Starship (2011): Bug
- Jessie (2011-12): Officer Petey
- School Of Thrones (2014): Theon Greyjoy
- The Trail to Oregon! (2014): Mc Doon the Bandit King and Everyone Else
- Muzzled (2015): Der Krampus
- Henry Danger (2015-20): The Time-Jerker
- Spies are Forever (2016): Owen Carvour, Sergio Santos, and Vanger Borschtit
- Edgar Allan Poe's Murder Mystery Dinner Party (2016): Ernest Hemingway
- Firebringer (2016): Grunt
- The Solve-It Squad Returns! (2017): Scrags
- The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals (2018): Ted Spankoffski, The Homeless Man, Dan Reynolds (V.O.)
- Black Friday (2019): Uncle Wiley, The Homeless Man, The Obnoxious Teen, Jangle
- Nightmare Time (2020): Konk (actually Ted Spankoffski in disguise), The Obnoxious Teen, Ted Spankoffski, The Homeless Man (actually a time-displaced Ted Spankoffski), Dan Reynolds, Uncle Wiley
- A VHS Christmas Carol (2020): Bob Cratchit