Joseph Michael "Joe" Manganiello (born December 28, 1976) is an American actor, director, producer, and author. He's best known for playing Alcide Herveaux on HBO's True Blood and Big Dick Richie in the Magic Mike films.
Apart from his acting career, he's also a published writer and film director/producer. His self-help and fitness book Evolution was published in 2013, followed by the release of his 2014 directorial debut La Bare, a documentary centered on a male strip club of the same name in Dallas, Texas.
- Spider-Man Trilogy as Flash Thompson:
- How I Met Your Mother (2006 — 2012) as Brad Morris
- One Tree Hill (2008 — 2010) as Owen Morello
- True Blood (2010 — 2014) as Alcide Herveaux
- What to Expect When You're Expecting (2012) as Davis
- Magic Mike (2012) as Big Dick Richie
- Magic Mike XXL (2015)
- Sabotage (2014) as Joseph "Grinder" Phillips
- Pee-wee's Big Holiday (2016) as himself
- Smurfs: The Lost Village (2017) as Hefty Smurf (voice)
- Rampage (2018) as Burke
- DC Extended Universe as Slade Wilson / Deathstroke:
- Justice League (2017) note
He provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: He's half-Sicilian and parts Armenian, Croatian and Austrian, so he's a bit ethnically ambiguous at first glance.
- Best Known for the Fanservice: He's probably more well-known for his looks than his actual acting ability, which he doesn't seem too opposed to.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: At 6' 5", he's naturally this with any actress he's paired with — especially his True Blood love interest, the 5' 5" Anna Paquin.
- Metalhead: He snuck a Metallica song into his wedding ceremony, albeit a violin and cello version of Nothing Else Matters. He also throws up the metal horns any chance he gets.
- Mr. Fanservice: To the point where he's practically a Walking Shirtless Scene in some of the stuff he's in.
- What Could Have Been: He was originally cast to play Wes on Scream Queens, but pulled out before production began, eventually replaced by Oliver Hudson.