Joe D'Amato (born Aristide Massaccesi, 15 December 1936 23 January 1999) was an Italian director, producer, cinematographer, and screenwriter who worked in many genres, but is best known for his horror and erotic films.
Works by Joe D'Amato with pages on TV Tropes include:
- Beyond the Darkness (1979)
- The Anthropophagus Beast (1980)
- Absurd (1981)
- 2020 Texas Gladiators (1983)
- The Blade Master (1984)
- StageFright -Aquarius- (1987, producer only)
- La Casa 3 (1988, producer only)
- Troll 2 (1990, producer only)
Joe D'Amato provides examples of the following tropes:
- Creator's Apathy: D'Amato based much of his career around this thought, saying that he was often more concerned with the box office results of a film rather than its artistic merits. Regardless, he gained a sizable cult following in the U.S. with fans apparently lining up by the hundreds for his autograph, much to his disgust and confusion.