Jodie Marie Comer (born 11 March 1993 in Liverpool, England) is an English actress.
Her role as the assassin Villanelle in Killing Eve won her the British Academy Television Award for Best Actress and as of 2019, she is the youngest actress to win the Emmy Award Leading Actress for Drama.
- Holby City (2010) as Ellie Jenkins
- Silent Witness (2012) as Eve Gilston
- Casualty (2012) as Maddy Eldon
- Law & Order: UK (2013) as Jess Hayes
- Vera (2013) as Izzy Rawlins
- My Mad Fat Diary (2013 - 2015) as Chloe Gemell
- Inspector George Gently (2014) as Justine Leyland
- Doctor Foster (2015 - 2017) as Kate Parks
- Thirteen (2016) as Ivy Moxam
- The White Princess (2017) as Elizabeth of York
- Killing Eve (2018 - 2022) as Oksana Astankova / Villanelle
- Star Wars - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) as Rey's mother
- Free Guy (2021) as Milly / Molotov Girl
- Help (2021) as Sarah
- The Last Duel (2021) as Marguerite de Carrouges, née de Thibouville
Tropes associated with Comer and her roles:
- I Am Very British: A few of her roles where she plays Brits have her use a more formal, Received Pronunciation style accent in sharp contrast to her natural Liverpool accent.
- Oop North: She's from Liverpool and has a very heavy Scouser accent when not acting.
- The Other Darrin: In The White Queen Elizabeth of York is played by Freya Mavor, while Comer was chosen to portray her in The White Princess.
- Reclusive Artist: She used to be quite active on social media and would interact with her fans. Come 2020, when she was rumored to be dating a Donald Trump supporter, she was the target of much harassment, to the point of her leaving Twitter and only using her Instagram to post about her projects. The numerous transgressions of fans stalking and harassing her probably didn't help much, either.
- Star-Making Role: She gained a bit of fame for her role as Elizabeth of York in The White Princess in 2017, the first Spin-Off / sequel series to The White Queen, although it was her widely-acclaimed performance as Villanelle in Killing Eve the following year that really put her on the map.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5'8 and many of her roles draw attention to her beauty.