James Thurston Nabors (June 12, 1930 – November 30, 2017) was an American actor, comedian, and singer born in Sylacauga, Alabama. He's best known for playing good-natured hayseed Gomer Pyle on the 1960s sitcoms The Andy Griffith Show and Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.. He also appeared as a guest on numerous variety shows (including each and every season premiere of The Carol Burnett Show), had a successful recording career with Columbia Records, and was known for singing "(Back Home Again in) Indiana" during the opening ceremonies of the Indianapolis 500 nearly every year from 1972 to 2014.
He was married to Stan Cadwaller from 2013 to his death, and came out as gay when they got married.
Nabors died in 2017 at the age of 87.
- Take Her Shes Mine as Clancy (Uncredited Role)
- The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas as Deputy Fred
- Stroker Ace as Lugs Harvey
- Cannonball Run II as Pvt. Homer Lyle
- The Steve Allen Show as Himself (1 episode)
- Mr Smith Goes To Washington as Claude (2 episodes)
- The Danny Kaye Show as Himself (2 episodes)
- The Andy Griffith Show as Gomer Pyle (23 episodes)
- The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour as Himself (1 episode)
- The Carol Burnett Show as Himself/various (11 episodes)
- The Jim Nabors Hour as Host/various (51 episodes)
- The Rookies as Corley Curlew (1 episode)
- The Lost Saucer as Fum (16 episodes)
- The Muppet Show as Himself/various (1 episode)
- The Love Boat as Wayne Bouton the valet (3 episodes)
- Knight Rider as Passerby (1 episode)