Need a bitter, cynical old woman? Jessica Walter is your lady!
Jessica Walter (born January 31, 1941 in Brooklyn, New York) was born in big ol' Brooklyn, daughter of Esther and David Walter. She grew up in Queens, where she attended Manhattan's High School of Performing Arts and graduated from there.
She is known in the current generation as the (hilariously) cold and cruel matriarch Lucille Bluth in Arrested Development and playing the just as cruel and cold (and hilarious) head of ISIS Mallory Archer in the FX Series Archer, both having little differences. In older generations, she was known to be in a multitude of film and television series.
- Lilith: Laura (1964)
- Grand Prix: Pat Stoddard (1966)
- The Group: Libby (1966)
- Bye Bye Braverman: Inez Braverman (1968)
- Play Misty for Me: Evelyn Draper (1971) (Nominated for a Golden Globe, too!)
- Columbo, episode "Mind Over Matter" (1974)
- Amy Prentis: Amy Prentis (1974)
- Doctor Strange: Morgan le Fay (1978 film)
- Goldengirl: Melody (1979)
- Dinosaurs: Frances "Fran" Sinclair, the only time she's ever played a traditional TV mom (read: loving and understanding to her husband and children and only narcissistic and cold to others if the plot called for it, as seen in the episode where Baby Sinclair becomes the spokesman for a brand of frying pans that he uses to bash Earl's head in all the time).
- Ghost in the Machine: Elaine (1993)
- PCU: President Garcia Thompson (1994)
- One Life to Live: Eleanor Armitage (1996-97)
- Arrested Development: Lucille Bluth (2003-2006, 2013-)
- The Life and Times of Juniper Lee: Cordoth's Daughter (2007)
- Saving Grace: Betty Hanadarko (2007)
- 90210: Tabitha Wilson (2008)
- Law & Order: SVU: Attorney Petra Gilmartin (2009)
- Archer: Malory Archer (2009-)
- The Big Bang Theory: Mrs. Latham (2011)
- Star vs. the Forces of Evil: Miss Heinous/ Meteora Butterfly (2015-)
- Justice League Action: Athena (2017)
- Harley Quinn (2019): Granny Goodness and Wendy Brown (2020)