Author of the Science Fiction webcomic trilogy consisting of:
More recently, she has been active on Fimfiction.Net, writing a massive amount of The Conversion Bureau stories under the pen name Chatoyance, which formed her own Chatoverse. Some of them have nothing to do with My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic; some are in line with the show itself; and still others are self-admitted In Name Only stories where the pony background is not as important as the science fiction themes. Her works caused a lot of strong reactions, both positive and negative.
Reitz also designed and illustrated the 1991 puzzle video game Boppin'.
Tropes common to JDRs work:
- Alien Geometries: Different in each universe.
- Author Appeal: LGBT characters and themes, polyamorous relationships, transhumanism, universes with Alien Geometries and fictional physics.
- Bizarrchitecture: Also different in each universe.
- Dan Browned: Much of her Conversion Bureau works are based on extremely misanthropic presentation of humanity (based on flawed statistics) and giving ponies Omniscient Morality License. This caused various negative reactions, and various revenge and/or deconstruction fics for her universe were written.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Many of her Underground Comix (NSFW) played into the very stereotypes she hates today. "Faggot Fred And His Five Fabulous Fuckbuddies" is a prominent example of this.
- Humans Are Bastards: Her Conversion Bureau stories have this in spades and are not shy about beating the reader over the head with the message.
- Mind Screw: As you may be able to figure out from this page, everything JDR makes is absolutely bizarre.
- The Multiverse: A very complex and varied one in her webcomics.
- Occidental Otaku: A lot of her works have an animesque flair to them, even if it dips into Shallow Parody territory.
- One-Book Author: She wrote a lot of comics and stories but released only one video game, Boppin', under the moniker Accursed Toys. Its a fairly original puzzle game whose backstory contains all her usual Author Appeal.
- Reclusive Artist: Very little is known about her as a person outside her work, and what is known is heavily speculated to be out of date or made up (by her or other parties)
- The Right of a Superior Species: Used in her Conversion Bureau to justify what is essentially a genocidal campaign. She firmly believes that a superior species is permitted to perform otherwise evil actions without moral repercussion out of its inherent superiority.In my stories superior beings - truly superior beings - can do things that if a lesser being, like a human, were to do, it would indeed be evil.