James Farr is, aside from the mind behind Trains Formers and Xombie, a popular YouTube animator, best known for his "Saturday Morning Multiverse" series of mash-ups, with each half of any crossover being a perfect fit for the other: examples include Teenage Mutant Koopa Troopas, Blink To The Future, and Super Mario Busters. His most ambitious project to date, Super Smash Wars , has gotten so big (started as a standalone parody of A New Hope and got a surprise two-part sequel in January 2014) that it deserved a separate playlist.
James Farr's works contain examples of:
- Adaptational Villainy: Mario as The Shredder, while in turn the Koopa Troopas (possibly the Koopa Bros.) get some Adaptational Heroism as the titular TMKT; justified as in the crossover, each character plays a role. Same goes for other examples in Super Smash Wars, such as Linebeck and Solid Snake.
- Art Evolution: His earlier videos were already gorgeous to begin with, and have only gotten better with time. Super Smash Wars is a sight to behold.
- Cool Car: One of the highlights of Blink To The Future is a TARDIS crossed with a DeLorean.
- Composite Character:
- Mario as Han Solo, Luigi as Egon, Link as Luke Skywalker, Samus as the animated Statue of Liberty, you name it.
- Crossover: Specializes in these. Notably, his crossovers are more like mashups of two different universes, and character similarities are directly avoided in that the mashed up characters provide a perfect fit for each other (Donkey Kong as Chewbacca is the first among many examples).
- Humongous Mecha: Remember the Statue of Liberty in Ghostbusters II? Guess which character is used in the mashup. It's Samus.
- Minion with an F in Evil: The Kirby Marshmallows in Super Mario Busters 3 - Extra Life. After bursting out of the Cool Car, they do nothing but run around aimlessly, cheer when the original heroes arrive, and one accidently ends up saving the day after it swallows some ghostbusting weapons, transforming it into the Polterbust XXL that stops Rozer and her minions once and for all.
- Ms. Fanservice: Daisy as April O'Neal and as Janine.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: Mario as Peter delivers an amazing "Happy new year!".
- Promoted Fanboy: He was a fan of the Toejam and Earl series, and when a new game was announced in 2015, guess who got to make the announcement trailer?
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: One of his videos begins with the humorous warning "So. Many. References."
- Reference Overdosed: Good God. The Super Smash Wars series takes the cake, as the Star Wars characters are mashed up with people coming from all over the Nintendo spectrum, even including Smash Bros' third party characters.
- Stock Scream: The Wilhelm Scream features Once an Episode in the Super Smash Wars series and in The Wiivengers.