Ivan Nathaniel Dixon III (April 6, 1931 March 16, 2008) was an American actor, director, producer, and activist. As an actor, his best known role was as Staff Sergeant James "Kinch" Kinchloe in the sitcom Hogan's Heroes. In addition to being an actor, he was a director who directed episodes of The Rockford Files, Wonder Woman (1975), The Waltons and Magnum, P.I.. He also directed the films Trouble Man and The Spook Who Sat By The Door. He was active in the Civil Rights Movement and worked within Hollywood to increase black representation behind and in front of the camera.
Dixon died on March 16, 2008 of complications with kidney failure. He was survived by his wife Berlie Ray Dixon and sons Alan Kimara Dixon and daughter Doris Nomathande Dixon, he was predeceased by his other two sons, Ivan Dixon IV, N'Gai Christopher Dixon.
- Porgy and Bess (1959) - Jim
- A Raisin in the Sun (1961) - Asagai
- Nothing But a Man (1964) - Duff Anderson
- A Patch of Blue (1965) - Mark Ralfe
- Trouble Man (1972) - Director
- The Spook Who Sat By The Door (1973) - Director
- Car Wash (1976) - Lonnie
- The Twilight Zone (1960) - Bolie Jackson, Episode: "The Big Tall Wish"
- Hogan's Heroes (19651970) Staff Sergeant James Kinchloe
- Nichols (19711972) - Director, 4 episodes
- The Waltons (19741975) - Director, 7 episodes
- The Rockford Files (19751979) - Director, 9 episodes
- Wonder Woman (1979) - Director, 1 episode
- Bret Maverick (19811982) - Director, 3 episodes
- The Greatest American Hero (19811983) - Director, 6 episodes
- Magnum, P.I. (19821986) - Director, 13 episodes
- Amerika (1987) - Dr. Alan Drummond