Works with pages on this wiki:
- Kiseijuu, released in English as Parasyte (1988-1995) - Mysterious worms invade human hosts, taking over their bodies and killing other humans for food. An Ordinary High-School Student named Shinichi isn't completely turned, with a parasite only taking over his right arm and hand. They form a bond as he tries to investigate and fight the other parasites.
- Historie (2004 - ongoing) - Set in the time of Alexander the Great, the story follows Eumenes of Cardia who witnesses his rise to power.
Some of his other works:
- Fuuko no Iru Mise (1986-1988) - a Slice of Life series about a girl working at a cafe.
- Neo Devilman (1999, contributor) - an anthology series featuring the characters and world created by Go Nagai.
- Heureka (2002) - A drama set around the Roman siege of Syracuse, where a young man mentored by Archimedes finds love and tragedy.
- Reiri (2015-2019) - About a teenager girl in Sengoku Japan whose greatest wish is to sacrifice her life on the battlefield protecting others after her family gave their lives to save her's.
Tropes found in his work include:
- Body Horror: Used to great effect in Parasyte.
- Break the Cutie: Kana in Parasyte and the love interest in Heureka die rather suddenly.
- Inverted with Reiri as the titular character is broken from the start and slowly rebuilds herself over the course of the series.
- Historical Domain Character: Alexander the Great in Historie and Archimedes in Heureka who is Doomed by Canon.