Heidi was raised in Ramseur, North Carolina by her grandmother. Her mother died when she was young and her father was not a part of her life. After turning eighteen, Heidi's sister took her to a drag show where she was immediately fascinated by the art of drag itself.
The origin of Heidi's drag name comes from a joke. She states that a lot of straight men in the town she lived in were actually closeted and would try to chat her up.
Heidi auditioned for the twelfth season of RuPaul's Drag Race and was cast in 2020 with just the one audition. During their run on the show, Heidi's drag name was a source of disapproval from RuPaul and the name was changed as a Running Gag through multiple episodes. Heidi was eventually eliminated, coming in fifth place overall and being voted as the season's Miss Congeniality.
- RuPaul's Drag Race (2020)
- Untucked (2020)
- Tiger Queen: The Tiger King Musical (2021)
Heidi N Closet provides examples of the below tropes:
- Armor-Piercing Question: During RuPaul's Drag Race spin-off, Untucked, Heidi boldly (but politely) asked what Nicki Minaj hated about her make-up after the latter critiqued her on it on the main stage. No one was expecting her to bring it up.
- Country Mouse
- Dance Battler: Shows off some amazing dance moves during her lip syncs, particularly the very first music challenge (made even more impressive when she reveals that she had been to the emergency room the night before and had only got an hour sleep).
- Good Is Not Soft: Heidi is a sweet natured person but she does not take kindly to people she believes are bullying others.
- Nice Girl: Season 12's Miss Congeniality.
- Running Gag: Throughout the season, RuPaul makes no secret of hating Heidi's drag name and tries to re-name her in practically every episode. Heidi's name changed to Heidi Hydrates, Heidi Afrodite, Heidi N. Seek and Heidi Ho however, Heidi kept her original name by the end.
- Toothy Issue: Has a prominent gap between her front teeth