Haruo Nakajima (January 1, 1929 - August 7, 2017) was a legendary Japanese stunt actor, who became famous with his roles involving Kaiju.
His prominent role was Godzilla, the king of the monsters, starting with the 1954 film. Despite wanting to retire before becoming 50, Haruo Nakajima retired after playing Godzilla in Godzilla vs. Gigan. He would also play monsters in the Ultra Series before the death of the legendary special effects director Eiji Tsuburaya.
Roles done by Haruo Nakajima:
- A bandit in Seven Samurai
- Godzilla in all movies from Godzilla (1954) to Godzilla vs. Gigan
- Moguera in The Mysterians
- Rodan and Meganulon in Rodan
- Varan in Varan, the Unbelievable
- The Human Vapour in The Human Vapour
- Mothra Larva in Mothranote
- A Matango in Matango
- Maguma in Gorath
- Baragon in Frankenstein Conquers the World
- Gaira in War of the Gargantuas
- Gomess and Pagos in Ultra Q
- Neronga, Gabora, Jirass, and Kiyla in Ultraman. He also makes two appearances sans rubber suit, in episode 25 as comical blue-collar father and episode 33 as a trigger-happy police officer.
- King Kong in King Kong Escapes
- The U-Toms in Ultraseven
- The Griffon, a Giant Rat, and a Bat-Person in Latitude Zero
- Gezora and Ganimes in Space Amoeba