Gunnar Björnstrand (13 November 1909-26 May 1986) was a Swedish actor best known for his frequent collaborations with Ingmar Bergman.
- Sawdust and Tinsel (1953)
- Smiles of a Summer Night (1955)
- The Seventh Seal (1957)
- Wild Strawberries (1957)
- Through a Glass Darkly (1961)
- Winter Light (1962)
- Persona (1966)
- Skammen (1968)
- Face to Face (1976)
- Autumn Sonata (1978)
- Fanny and Alexander (1982)
Tropes associated with him:
- Deadpan Snarker: Generally played these characters in Ingmar Bergman's films, most famously as Jöns the cynical squire in The Seventh Seal.
- Stage Name: He was born Knut Gunnar Johanson. He chose the more colorful Björnstrand ("bear beach") as a surname at the start of his career, partly to differentiate himself from his father Oscar Johanson, who was a well-known actor as well.
- Tom Hanks Syndrome: First gained fame doing comedy, but eventually made a name as a dramatic actor.