Gregory Lewis Burson (June 29, 1949 July 22, 2008) was an American voice actor, best known for officially voicing a number of classic Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera characters during The '90s and the early Noughties.
Personally trained by Daws Butler, Burson took over many his signature roles after his passing. He was also a replacement for the late Mel Blanc, alternating with Joe Alaskey, Jeff Bergman, Bob Bergen, or Billy West.
In his personal life, Burson struggled with alcoholism. This culminated in 2004, when an armed and inebriated Burson was arrested after barricading himself inside his home for six hours. The incident killed his career, which unfortunately only drove him further into depression.
Burson passed away on July 22, 2008, after four years of being separated from the recording booth. He was 59.
His roles included:
- Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, and many other Looney Tunes characters previously voiced by Mel Blanc.
- Yogi Bear, Quick Draw McGraw, Snagglepuss, Huckleberry Hound, and others, succeeding the late Daws Butler.
- Mr. Magoo, most notably in the animated segments of the 1997 film (replacing the late Jim Backus).
- Attila in Mother Goose and Grimm.
- Mr. Wilson in All-New Dennis the Menace.
- Professor I. Relevant in Channel Umptee-3.
- The Fox in The Baby Huey Show (season 2, filling in for Billy West).
- The Ghostly Gardener in an episode of Johnny Bravo (crossing over with Scooby-Doo).
- Barry the Baboon in CatDog (alternating with Tom Kenny)
- Mr. DNA in Jurassic Park.
- Nemo's father and Flap in Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland.
- Bombastix, Franksinatrix, and Sergeant Noodles in the American dub of Asterix and the Big Fight.
- Boss Nass in a number of Star Wars video games (substituting for BRIAN BLESSED).
- Rufus Ruffcut, Red Max, Peter Perfect, and Sergeant Blast in the 2000 Wacky Races video game.
- Provided additional voices in: