British mathematician, poet, and game designer. Creator of Inform, a programming language for Interactive Fiction. Co-editor of the literary magazine Oxford Poetry from 1998-2000, and managing editor of the publishing imprint Legenda since 2004. Married to Emily Short.
His works include:
- Galaxy's Edge (1984)
- Curses (1993)
- Balances (1994)
- Jigsaw (1995)
- The Meteor, the Stone and a Long Glass of Sherbet (1996)
- The Tempest (1997): Adaptation of The Tempest.
- Ruins (2001)
- The Reliques of Tolti-Aph (2006)
- "The Craft of the Adventure" (1995)
Provides examples of:
- Creator Couple: Nelson created Inform, a programming language for Interactive Fiction. His wife Emily Short contributed majorly to version 7.
- Epigraph: Some of his works start with a quote from another work. Curses, Jigsaw, The Meteor, the Stone and a Long Glass of Sherbet, Ruins, and "The Craft of the Adventure" all do this.
- Pen Name: The Meteor, the Stone and a Long Glass of Sherbet and Ruins were published under the name "Angela M. Horns", an anagram of "Graham Nelson".