Go Ichinose is a Japanese video game composer, active since 1996, the body of whose composition work consists entirely of games by Game Freak.
Initially he was hired as a programmer and planner, however eventually he became a full-time composer for the company, and was ended up helping to compose the soundtrack of Pokémon Gold and Silver. Since then he has worked on the soundtracks of many Game Freak titles, including a majority of the main series Pokémon titles (and... Pokémon Pinball).
Ichinoses work mainly consists of jazz pieces that often have a somewhat melancholic tone, most prominent in his work on Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, though sometimes he also composes quite epic orchestral pieces.
Has a Twitter account.
Video Game Music
- Drill Dozer (2005, with Satoshi Nohara)
- Pocket Card Jockey (2014)
- Pokémon Black and White (2010, with Shota Kageyama, Hitomi Sato and Junichi Masuda)
- Pokémon Black and White 2 (2012, with Hitomi Sato)
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (2006, with Hitomi Sato and Junichi Masuda)
- Pokémon Gold and Silver (1999, with Junichi Masuda and Morikazu Aoki)
- Pokémon Pinball (1999)
- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (2001, with Junichi Masuda and Morikazu Aoki)
- Pokémon Sun and Moon (2016, with Minako Adachi, Hitomi Sato, Junichi Masuda, Hideaki Kuroda and Tomoaki Oga)