George Harris Kennedy Jr. (February 18, 1925- February 28, 2016) was an American actor. He won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his performance in Cool Hand Luke. Among his best-remembered roles are Joe Patroni in the Airport series and Captain Ed Hocken in the Naked Gun movies.
- Lonely Are the Brave (1962): Gutierrez.
- Charade (1963): Herman Scobie.
- Mirage (1965): Willard.
- The Flight of the Phoenix (1965): Mike Bellamy.
- The Dirty Dozen (1967): Major Max Armbruster.
- Cool Hand Luke (1967): Dragline.
- Bandolero! (1968): Sheriff July Johnson.
- Airport (1970): Joe Patroni.
- Airport 1975 (1974): Joe Patroni.
- 'Airport 77 (1977): Joe Patroni.
- The Concorde Airport 79 (1979): Joe Patroni.
- Lost Horizon (1973): Sam Cornelius.
- Earthquake (1974): Sergeant Lew Slade.
- Death on the Nile (1978): Andrew Pennington.
- Death Ship (1980): Captain Ashland.
- Dallas (1988-1991): Carter McKay.
- Uninvited (1988): Mike Harvey.
- The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! (1988): Captain Ed Hocken.
- The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear (1991): Captain Ed Hocken.
- Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult (1994): Captain Ed Hocken.
- Intensive Care (1991): Dr. Bruckner.
- Cats Don't Dance (1997): L.B. Mammoth.
- Small Soldiers (1998): Brick Bazooka.
- What Could Have Been: He was offered the part of Steve McCroskey in Airplane!. According to Jerry Zucker, Kennedy wanted to do the film but was reluctant to "kill off his Airport cash-cow". The part of McCroskey went to Lloyd Bridges and Kennedy eventually got to work with the Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker team on the Naked Gun films.