Francisco Andrés Valdivia, also known as Paco Valdivia, is a Spanish actor and voice actor. A significant veteran of the business, he has been in the Spanish dubbing scene since the 1980s, alternating with a occasional career as secondary actor in TV series and films. He is more known, however, for his contributions to the anime in Spain: he was there to lend his voice to some of the first Japanese series which reached the country, and later became an usual member of Arait Multimedia's voice cast, exploding to public recognization by playing many, many of the villains of Digimon Adventure, and later other characters in One Piece.
Valdivia is known for his weirdly shrill inflection and his tendency to ham up loudly, although he has proven to have much more somber voice tones, as well as a great skill to voice multiple and very divergent characters. For those traits, he is prone to play villains and comedic characters, when not comedic villains outright. He has voiced Kenichi Ogata characters very often.
Notable roles by Francisco Andrés Valdivia:
- Arlong, Gan Fall, Stainless, the bald Gandhi-like elder of the Gorousei and an incredibly long list of characters in One Piece.
- Gatoh in Naruto.
- Juuzo Megure in Detective Conan.
- Takashi Kasuga and Jigoro in Kimagure Orange Road. First dub.
- Alexander T. Oyajide in Ojamajo Doremi.
- Digimon franchise:
- Transformers franchise:
- Crimson in Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.
- Drago in Bakugan.
- Taisho-kun and Noppo-kun in Hamtaro.
- Count Gerhard Waltmuller in Ashita no Nadja.
- Lanancuras, Katris and other baddies in Shinzo.
- Sr. Moroboshi in Urusei Yatsura.
- Yoshio Ayuhara in Attack No. 1.
- Count Roy in Ducktales.
- Detective Hernández (Dupont, whoever of the two) in Tintin.
- Jerry Lewis in Totally Spies! and its spin-off Amazing Spiez.
- Clawful and Beast-man in He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002).
- Metroplex, Primus and Crosswise in Transformers Cybertron.
- Yago Cacharias in Malo Korrigan.
- Bernard in Beetlejuice.
- The man in the plane and Tony the terrorist in Die Hard.
- Boggs in Alien3.
- Dr. Crews in Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood.
- Terry Gilliam's characters in Monty Python's Life of Brian.
- Jabba in Deuce Bigalow.
- Nalorakk in World of Warcraft The Burning Crusade.