Erik Braa is a prolific San Francisco based voice actor who predominately work in video games, commercials, toys, and audiobooks (particularly video games). He is known for his distinct baritone voice thanks to his most prominent roles as Jax, Draven, and Vel'koz from League of Legends. Due to this, he is often casted into very manly characters in numerous video games.
Notable roles by Erik Braa
- Dark Angel, Rock Apollo, Kilawatt, Abaddon from Heroes of Newerth
- Danny and Randy from The Walking Dead video game series
- Draven, Jax, and Vel'koz from League of Legends
- General Mikiel from Strider
- Hewer Elite from Neverwinter
- Kaliban from Rift
- K'Gan, Warden Gazzan, Kaiyan, Woldan from Star Trek Online
- Monkey Master from White Tiger Legends
- Muhummad, Juan de Marillo, Archer from Assassin's Creed Discovery
- Shooter and Rowdy from Contract Killer Zombies 2
- Taupy Toplan from Sands of Destruction (video game only)
- Vincenzo Salvatore from Cursed Memories, Secret of Agony Creek
Tropes associated with Erik Braa
- Badass Baritone: A lot of the characters he voiced falls into this.
- Badass Beard: Just look at it!
- He Also Did: This is how he mentions his singing career from his description on Twitter: "An Actor and Voice Talent...known for Draven, Jax and Velkoz in League of Legends and Danny and Randy in Walking Dead...and the singer for Kryptic Memories"
- Large Ham: Not Draven, Draaaaaaven!
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Thanks to his baritone voice, he's often casted into very manly characters who are total badasses.
- Rated M for Manly: Mainly due to his Badass Baritone voice. Especially true to the champions he voiced in League of Legends such as Jax, Draven, and even Vel'koz.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Often cast alongside with his fellow San Francisco based voice actors like Owen Thomas, Adam Harrington, Melissa Hutchinson, and Gavin Hammon.
- Star-Making Role: His roles as Jax and Draven from League of Legends has gotten a lot of attention among video game fans.