Eric is a stuntman, martial artist, and actor based in California. Jacobus began his stunt and film-making career in his hometown of Redding, California in 2001 with the formation of The Stunt People. Originally a gymnast and weightlifter, Jacobus enlisted the help of local martial artists and gymnasts Chelsea Steffensen and Gavin Merrick to create short action comedies. When Eric moved to San Francisco to attend SFSU for cinema in 2002, he began formal martial arts training under Andy Leung, who soon became a Stunt People member.
He gained fame on the Internet with his Tekken movelist videos, which came about when he was watching the games for inspiration for more kicks for the follow-up to his "Kicktionary" video. He has since been acknowledged by the creators of Tekken for his work, and gained the job of doing the motion capture for Kratos in the 2018 God of War (PS4) game as well doing stunts in Mortal Kombat 11.
- Blindsided: the Game (2018) - Walter
- Blindsided (2016) - Walter - this short was expanded into the 2018 film
- Rope-A-Dope 2 (2015) - The Dope - Plays a smaller role, as this film follows the mook he defeated in the first film, who's now trapped in his own loop.
- ABCs of Death 2 (2014) - The titular assassin in the "A" segment
- Rope-A-Dope (2013) - The Dope - A short "Groundhog Day" Loop film about a man forced to learn martial arts to defend himself against the Martial Arts Mafia.
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy (2013) - Kurtis Stryker
- Death Grip (2012) - Kenny Zemacus
- Contour (2005) - Lawrence "Law" Young - His first feature film
Fighting game characters whose movelists he's done:
- Lei Wulong
- Bob Richards
- Baek Doo San - After performing the majority of the moves, Katsuhiro Harada tweeted that it was particularly impressive because Baek's moveset was largely hand-animated, not motion-captured.
- Steve Fox
- Lee Chaolan
- Bryan Fury
- Bruce Irvin
- Jin Kazama
- Heihachi Mishima
- Paul Phoenix
- Forest and Marshall Law
- Armor King
- Anna Williams
- Devil Jin
- Miguel Rojo
Tropes invoked by Eric Jacobus:
- Artistic License Martial Arts:He admit that most of the Tekken moves he does are at least "very difficult to make effective in real life."
- Badass Arm-Fold: One of his favorite poses
- Badass Beard: One of his "Miscellaneous Skills" on his profile is "I have a thick beard."
- Combat Pragmatist: Most of Jacobus's characters fight with whatever they can grab.