Elizaveta Tuktamysheva is a Russian figure skater. She is the 2015 World Champion.
Known for her Triple Axel and great jump technique, she is also popular for her funny tweets.Elizaveta is still competing and adding more difficult jumps to her arsenal.
Tropes associated with Elizaveta Tuktamysheva:
- Always Someone Better: She won the 2015 World Championships, but wasn't part of the Russian Worlds team even one year later. The competition for Russian tickets to Worlds has only grown fiercer since then.
- Fan Nickname: The Empress. Liza.
- Friendly Rivalry: With Evgenia Medvedeva and rink mates Sofia Samodurova and Carolina Kostner.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Averted. She is still winning medals in Grand Prix competitions. There might be younger skaters that top her with multiple quads, but thanks to learning quads herself and getting her triple axel back, she is still a contender when they slip up.
- Rule of Funny: Just check out her Twitter...
- Signature Move: Triple Axel. Great jumping technique. Perfect Lutz.
- Took a Level in Badass: Fans argued that only young girls could do or learn a quad. Elizaveta started doing them in her twenties.