Elena Anaya Gutiérrez is an actress born July 17, 1975 in Palencia, Spain, who's been acting since 1995 in her native Spain. She first gained international recognition in Van Helsing as Aleera, and then as the villainous Doctor Poison in Wonder Woman.
- Sex and Lucia (2001) as Belén
- Van Helsing (2004) as Aleera
- Dead Fish (2005) as Mimi
- Fragile (2005) as Helen Perez
- Alatriste (2006) as Angélica de Alquézar
- In the Land of Women (2007) as Sofia Buñuel
- Miguel And William (2007) as Leonor
- Savage Grace (2007) as Blanca
- Walking Vengeance (2008) as Ana
- Cairo Time (2009) as Kathryn
- Hierro (2009) as Maria
- Room in Rome (2010) as Alba
- The Skin I Live In (2011) as Vera Cruz
- The Infiltrator (2016) as Gloria Alcaino
- Wonder Woman (2017) as Isabel Maru / Dr. Poison
Tropes Associated With Her Works:
- Casting Gag: In two movies she has played a woman who wears a mask to cover damage to her face - Wonder Woman (2017) and The Skin I Live In.
- Enforced Method Acting: In order to convey The Reveal in The Skin I Live In that they were actually the same person, she and Jan Cornet spent a long time together and matched their movements.
- Fake Nationality:
- Ms. Fanservice: A number of her films involve sex, nudity and lesbian scenes. Perhaps most interesting is The Skin I Live In, where her body is front and center, but she's actually playing a man.
- She Also Did: That's her in Justin Timberlake's video for "Sexy Back".
- Star-Making Role: Sex & Lucia was her breakout role in Spain.
- What Could Have Been: For the ball scene in Van Helsing, she took several dancing lessons alongside Kate Beckinsale and Richard Roxburgh, only for her scenes to end up cut. A screencap does exist of Aleera licking Anna's neck while wearing a sparkly red dress.