Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy.
So Fuzzy Wuzzy changed his name to Ed Asner".
Yitzhak Edward "Ed" Asner (born November 15, 1929) is an Emmy award winner who has been acting since 1957. He's perhaps best known for his character Lou Grant who debuted in The Mary Tyler Moore Show. After the show's run, Asner's character would be given his own show, Lou Grant. This made him one of the few actors to play the same character on both a comedy series and a drama series (and he won Emmys in both categories, a feat that's only happened one other time since with Uzo Aduba).
Asner started his voice acting career in 1981, but his roles in voice acting really took off in 1992 when he voiced Hoggish Greedly in Captain Planet and the Planeteers. He would go on from that to role to voice many beloved, if somewhat gruff characters, as well as a plethora of one-shot characters for television, movies, and video games, his most famous recent role probably being Carl Frederickson from Up.
Productions he has played in:
- 3×3 Eyes: Grandpa Ayanokoji (New Generation Version 2000)
- Cobra Kai: Sid, Johnny Lawrence's cruel stepfather.
- CSI: NY: Abraham Klein/Klaus Braun (received an Emmy nomination for their one-time guest star appearance in "Yahrzeit")
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: Mr. Weiner
- The Dead Zone: Marty Bracknell (in "Coming Home")
- Dharma & Greg: Earl Tucker
- The Ellen Show: Santa Claus
- Hawaii Five-O and Hawaii Five-0 as August March
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: Coach Martin Schultz (in "Monster's Legacy")
- Lou Grant: Lou Grant
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show: Lou Grant
- Mission: Impossible: George Simpson (in "The Mind of Stefan Miklos")
- Murdoch Mysteries: Kris Kringle (in "A Merry Murdoch Christmas")
- The Outer Limits (1963): Detective Sgt. Thomas Siroleo (in "It Crawled Out of the Woodwork")
- The Practice: Judge Marcus Winnaker
- Rhoda: Lou Grant
- Roots (1977): Captain Thomas Davies
- Royal Pains
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: Wilson White
- Thunder Alley: Gil Jones
- Working Class: Hank Greziak
- The X-Files: Maurice
- All-Star Superman: Perry White
- The Animal: Chief Wilson
- Superman/Batman: Apocalypse: Granny Goodness
- A Christmas Carol (1997): Jacob Marley
- El Dorado: Bart Jason
- Elf: Santa Claus
- Gus: Hank Cooper
- Hard Rain: Uncle Charlie
- I Know That Voice: Himself"Hi. I'm Ed Asner." *switchblade snikt*
- JFK: Guy Banister
- The Satan Bug: Veretti
- They Call Me Mister Tibbs: Woody Garfield
- Up: Carl Fredrickson
- Star Wars: Jabba the Hutt
- The Boondocks: Ed Wuncler I
- Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: Fixer
- Captain Planet and the Planeteers: Hoggish Greedly
- DC Animated Universe: Roland Daggett, "Granny" Goodness
- Family Guy: Steve Bellows.
- Fish Police: Chief Abalone.
- Freakazoid!: Sgt. Mike Cosgrove.
- Gargoyles: Hudson.
- The Sissy Duckling: Father Duck
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: Mr. Voorhees.
- Johnny Bravo: Dr. Miller / Uncle Lou.
- Jumanji: The Judge (in "The Ultimate Weapon" and "The Trial")
- King of the Hill: Stinky.
- Men in Black: The Series: Additional Voices (in "The Neuralizer Syndrome")
- Olive, the Other Reindeer: Santa Claus.
- Recess: Thaddeus T. Third V.
- Regular Show: Santa Claus.
- Sonic Sat AM: Cat.
- The Simpsons: Lifeways editor of the Springfield Shopper (in "Guess Who's coming to Criticize Dinner?")
- The Spectacular Spider-Man: Uncle Ben Parker.
- Spider-Man: The Animated Series: J. Jonah Jameson.
- Spiderman The New Animated Series: Officer Barr.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Angry Old Timer (in "Whirly Brains/Mermaid Pants")
- The Wild Thornberrys: Frank Hunter.
- Witch: Napoleon.
- WordGirl: Kid Potato.
- Young Justice: Kent Nelson / Dr. Fate (in "Denial")