Edward George "Ed" Skrein (born 29 March 1983 in Camden, London) is an English actor and musician.
Prior to acting, he performed as a rapper and released an album, The Eat Up, in 2007. He then moved onto taking roles in films and television, appearing in the Plan B film Ill Manors and originating the role of Daario Naharis in HBO's hit fantasy series Game of Thrones, where he'd be succeeded by Michiel Huisman due to creative differences between himself and the producers.
- Ill Manors (2012) as Ed Richardson
- The Sweeney (2012) as David
- The Tunnel (2013) as Anthony Walsh
- Game of Thrones (2013) as Daario Naharis note
- Tiger House (2015) as Callum
- The Transporter Refueled (2015) as Frank Martin
- Deadpool (2016) as Francis Freeman / Ajax
- In Darkness (2018) as Marc Gordon
- Alita: Battle Angel (2018) as Zapan
- TAU (2018) as Alex
- If Beale Street Could Talk (2018) as Officer Bell
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019) as Borra
- Midway (2019) as Lieutenant Richard Halsey "Dick" Best
- Rebel Moon (2023) as Balisarius
- Mind Out / Once Upon a Skrein EP (2004)
- The Eat Up (2007)
- Pre-Emptive Nostalgia EP (2007)
Tropes in his works:
- What Could Have Been: In 2017, he was cast as Ben Daimio in Hellboy; however, after learning that the character is originally Japanese-American in the comics as a result of a whitewashing controversy, he stepped down from the role, hoping for a more appropriate replacement. Daniel Dae Kim was ultimately chosen for the role.