Drayano60 is a competitive Pokémon player and ROM Hacker famous for his enhanced versions of Generation 3, 4, and 5 games.
His projects include:
- Pokemon Fire Red Omega
- Pokémon Blaze Black and Volt White
- Pokemon Blaze Black 2 And Volt White 2
- Pokemon Sacred Gold And Storm Silver
- Pokemon Renegade Platinum
- Pokemon Blaze Black 2 And Volt White 2 Redux (a collaboration with AphexCubed)
Tropes associated with his ROM hacks:
- Adaptational Badass: Nothing gets left behind when it comes to getting love in his hacks. His hacks are notorious for giving even the weakest Pokémon stat boosts, new typings, or new moves. Even the likes of Unown and Delibird are a threat.
- All There in the Manual: All the numerous changes are listed in the documentation.
- Bonus Boss: His hacks are filled with them.
- Steven and Cynthia, the champions of Hoenn and Sinnoh respectively, shows up in at least three of them. Steven's fought as a Bonus Boss in all of his DS ROM hacks barring the first Blaze Black and Volt White, while Cynthia appears as a Bonus Boss in all of the Unova ROM hacks, the Johto remakes, and just serves as the Final Boss proper of Renegade Platinum.
- In Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2, the Hoenn Gym Leaders serve as extra bosses to fight, usually appearing in towns with Gyms.
- Com Mons: Averted where possible. Mostly overlooked Pokémon are buffed to the point of being usable without feeling like you've gimped yourself, and less memorable ones are given sets that make them somewhat stand out.
- Degraded Boss: In the first release of Blaze Black and Volt White, Legendaries were all catchable on the bottom floor of Challenger's Cave.
- Guide Dang It!: Locations of all Pokémon obtained through unique events.
- 100% Completion: All Pokémon are obtainable in-game without trading or promotional items.
- Nintendo Hard: The entire point. The difficulty has been increased massively, with some postgame encounters using level 100 Legendaries, and important trainers running competitive movesets that try and negate the common strategy of "use super-effective move 6 times".
- Obvious Beta: SpiritGold, his first attempt at a HeartGold hack, was released before Generation IV hacking was well understood, leading to numerous bugs and quirks, as well as various development shortcuts (such as making some items missable if not stolen from non-rematchable trainers). It essentially serves as the beta to the first iteration of Sacred Gold.
- Recursive Fanfiction: His hacks have become popular enough that some ROM hacks have been made which use these hacks as a base. For a couple of examples:
- walnut3072's Sun Gold and Moon Silver are built off of Sacred Gold and Storm Silver, with added features such as the Fairy type, several new moves, and a revamped type chart into the game.
- Lithobraker's Altered Platinum is built off of Renegade Platinum and adds its own changes, including a buff to Ice-types, the removal of effort values, and the addition of Sinnohan Forms into the game.
- True Final Boss: From Sacred Gold and Storm Silver onwards, Arceus serves this role in Drayano's hacks. If you want to get it, you need to register every Pokemon in the Pokedex (As well as obtain all of the plates in Sacred Gold and Storm Silver and Renegade Platinum), and there isn't much else you can do with the games after you catch it.