Dominic Haakon Myrtvedt Purcell (born February 17, 1970 in Wallasey, England) is an English-born Australian actor. He is known for his portrayal of the character Lincoln Burrows in Prison Break, the title character in John Doe, and Dracula in Blade: Trinity and as Mick Rory/Heat Wave in DC's The Flash (2014) and Legends of Tomorrow.
- Home and Away as Constable Rogers
- Water Rats as Alex
- Mission: Impossible II as Ulrich
- Beast Master as Kelb
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World as Condillac
- Equilibrium as Seamus
- John Doe as John Doe
- Blade: Trinity as Drake
- The Gravedancers as Harris McKay
- House as Ed Snow
- Prison Break as Lincoln Burrows
- Primeval as Tim Manfrey
- Castle as Russell Grantz
- Killer Elite as Davies
- Straw Dogs (2011) as Jeremy Niles
- Common Law as John Crowl
- Officer Down as Royce Walker
- Assault on Wall Street as Jim Baxford
- Vikingdom as Eirick
- In the Name of the King 3: Last Mission as Hazen Kaine
- Turkey Shoot as Cmdr Rick Tyler
- Arrowverse as Mick Rory / Heat Wave
This actor and his roles provide examples of:
- 11th-Hour Ranger: He was a last minute addition to the Prison Break cast. Suffice to say, it worked for him.
- Bald of Awesome: Seems to be a believer of this trope, as his most memorable characters all have a shaved head.
- Death Glare: IMDb lists his intense glare as one of his trademarks, and it's true. He even does this in his Yoplait Yogurt commercial, while wearing a nice blue suit and speaking in his menacing voice.
- Gentle Giant: Tall, rather intimidating looking, COVERED in tattoos but possibly one of the nicest people on the face of the earth. Don't let his appearance fool you.
- Mr. Fanservice: His characters occasionally provide Female Gaze, mostly through Shirtless Scenes.