Diana Torres is a Spanish singer and voice actress, dedicated predominately to anime. Working with animation distributor Arait Multimedia for most of her career, Diana is known for her fresh, young-sounding voice, which has got her especialized in playing children, cute creatures and characters who are often more badass than they look. In anime, she is fondly remembered for voicing Nami in One Piece, Tae Shimura in Gintama, and Conan Edogawa in Detective Conan.
She was also the vocalist and main member of the indie music band Liquid Sun, having sung works both in English and Spanish languages. The group never really took off and went on hiatus twice in its history, but it had some good reviews and won several awards at its very debut. Due to her singing ability, Diana has sung insert, opening and/or ending themes for many series licensed in Spain.
Diana's father, Rafael Torres, is also an active voice actor.
Notable roles by Diana Torres:
- Nami in One Piece.
- Mokona in Tsubasa -RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE-.
- Conan Edogawa in Detective Conan.
- Aiko Senoo in Ojamajo Doremi.
- Tae Shimura in Gintama.
- Digimon franchise:
- Inazuma Eleven franchise:
- Lina Schiller/Kira Hitomiko in Inazuma Eleven.
- JP Lapin/Shinsuke Nishizono in Inazuma Eleven Go.
- Kicker in Transformers Energon.
- Hamtaro in Hamtaro.
- Kennosuke Tsurugi in Ashita no Nadja
- Megaman in MegaMan NT Warrior.
- Rice and Kazutaka in Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.
- Becky Wolf and Taro Myojin in The Law of Ueki.
- Mimmy in Hello Kitty's Paradise.
- Alex in Totally Spies!.
- Layla in Winx Club.
- Vidia in Disney Fairies.
- Raf Esquivel in Transformers: Prime.
- Sadie Saxton in Awkward..
- Fareeha "Pharah" Amari in Overwatch.
Tropes that apply to Diana Torres:
- Badass Adorable: Has voiced some.
- The Cast Showoff: Most notably at the third episode of Bobobo, when she voices the character Kazutaka from the band SQUASH which was giving their last concert. Only Diana Torres can sing such an absurd song and make it sound awesome.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: She plays boys and girls (and other beings) with similar skill.
- Dawson Casting: An understatment, as Diana usually plays very young characters.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Several of her characters are blondes and of the good-natured kind. Notably, Torres herself is blonde.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: As said above, she often plays children, brash girls and cute critters.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Mokona in Tsubasa -RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE- and the titular character in Hamtaro come to mind as major examples.
- Talking to Himself: She famously dubbed both Conan and the fictionalized version of his seiyu, Minami Takayama, during the pop star episode, as both Takayama and Torres are singers.
- Vocal Evolution: Though she is not quite a woman of 1000 voices, Diana did an awesome job voicing both the child and older version of TK Takaishi in their respective seasons of Digimon. Bear in mind that they are played respectively by a woman and a man in the original.