- "It's important for a writer to have quirks. People like that shit, you know."
Diablo Cody note (real name Brook Busey-Maurio, born June 14, 1978) is a former stripper/exotic dancer, screenwriter, producer, author, journalist, memoirist and blogger.
She's also somewhat polarizing (no pun intended), though general consensus seems to be in favor of her work. To date, her highest regarded work is the coming of age comedy-drama Juno, which won awards such as the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay, the BAFTA Award for Best Original Screenplay, the Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay and the Writers Guild of America Award for Best Original Screenplay. Young Adult is second, having won the Hollywood Film Festival Screenwriter of the Year Award and the Palm Springs International Film Festival Chairman's Vanguard Award. None of her other works have been nominated for any award of note. She frequently collaborates with director Jason Reitman.
- Candy Girl: A Year in the Life of an Unlikely Stripper (her memoir, published 2006). Good example of My Girl Is a Slut and Good Bad Girl tropes.
- Juno (2007)
- United States of Tara (2009-2011)
- Jennifer's Body (2009)
- Young Adult (2011)
- Evil Dead (2013)
- Paradise (2013)
- Ricki and the Flash (2015)
- One Mississippi (2015-2017)
- Tully (2018)