Diablo Codynote (born Brook Busey-Maurio; June 14, 1978 in Lemont, Illinois) is an American screenwriter, producer, author, journalist, memoirist, blogger, and former exotic dancer.
She tends to write about complex women struggling with some type of problem. Among such works, she is best known for writing the coming of age comedy-drama Juno. She frequently collaborates with director Jason Reitman.
She is a mother of three with husband Dan Maurio.
- Candy Girl: A Year in the Life of an Unlikely Stripper (her memoir, published 2006). Good example of My Girl Is a Slut and Good Bad Girl tropes.
- Juno (2007)
- United States of Tara (2009-2011)
- Jennifer's Body (2009)
- Young Adult (2011)
- Evil Dead (2013)
- Paradise (2013)
- Ricki and the Flash (2015)
- One Mississippi (2015-2017)
- Tully (2018)
- Jagged Little Pill (2021)