Denis Lavant (born June 17, 1961) is a French actor.
Known for his love and practice of physical performance arts, his distinctive craggy and big nosed face and for taking on physically demanding roles (often involving slapstick, acrobatics or dance), he has worked multiple times with director Leos Carax, playing the main role in all but two of Carax's films.
Notable works of his include: note
- Les Amants du Pont-Neuf (1991) as Alex*
- Beau Travail (1999) as Galoup
- A Very Long Engagement (2004) as Francis Geignard aka "Six-sous"
- Mister Lonely (2007) as Charlie Chaplin
- Holy Motors (2012) as Monsieur Oscar*
- The Emperor of Paris (2018) as Maillard