Demoversi is an Internet Reviewer who ostensibly reviews edutainment, although her definition of "edutainment" is little...skewed. There is something to be learned from everything, if you're willing to look for it...even in the most vapid and mind-melting of media. Demo has been spreading this paradigm like a virus via her reviews, and slowly but surely, has been making the Internet smarter.
Demo's primary show, Irreverent Edutainment, takes on anything she can pull some edutainmental merit from, including movies, games, music videos, and websites. She also has an unscripted subseries called Let's Survey! and apparently has a new series coming up called #DanceFacts, but we've seen no evidence so far.
This reviewer provides examples of:
- Autotune: Her Songify review...and at the end, she uses it to press Derek the Bard's recent Berserk Button in a rather awesome way.
- Berserk Button: The Boating survey got Demo angry enough, but when NASCAR was brought up in one of the questions...
- The Cameo:
- She has cameoed for Marc Mues, The Rap Critic, Derek the Bard, and The Film Renegado. Her cameos range from critical analysis to shirtless dancing.
- The end of Songify featured cameos from Oancitizen, Todd in the Shadows, Cin Wicked, Karen of Color The Grayscale, and TGWTG title card artist KrinSyn while torturing Derek the Bard.
- She offers Marc Mues a rhyme in her Worst 6 Pop Songs of 2011 video.
- Credits Gag: Has one bonus text joke/witty aside at the end of all her videos.
- Celebrity Resemblance: She looks like a lot of people, theoretically. She usually tests with with science.
- Hidden Depths: When you look at Demoversi, your first thought is probably a Hell's Angels-esque biker dude. Then you watch her videos and find out she's a highly intelligent lass who does surveys as a hobby.
- Let's Play: The Let's Survey series, in which she walks us through...online surveys.
- Must Have Caffeine: Definitely, as her frequent tweets about this topic show.
- Radio Drama: Demo plays Shigure in a Fruits Basket radio drama adaptation, written by JesuOtaku.
- Is also playing the role of the nurse in Katawa Seiyu, a Youtube project with the objective of dubbing Katawa Shoujo.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: In "Money For Nothing", she explains why it's a bad idea to use this in reviews...and catches herself doing so later.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Coffee. Demo LOVES coffee. She's claimed on Twitter to be 99% coffee. Pushing Up Roses once dared her to go a week without it.