Demoversi is an Internet Reviewer who ostensibly reviews edutainment, although his definition of "edutainment" is little...skewed. There is something to be learned from everything, if you're willing to look for it...even in the most vapid and mind-melting of media. Demo has been spreading this paradigm like a virus via his reviews, and slowly but surely, has been making the Internet smarter.
Demo's primary show, Irreverent Edutainment, takes on anything he can pull some edutainmental merit from, including movies, games, music videos, and websites. He also has an unscripted subseries called Let's Survey! and apparently has a new series coming up called #DanceFacts, but we've seen no evidence so far.
This reviewer provides examples of:
- Autotune: His Songify review...and at the end, he uses it to press Derek the Bard's recent Berserk Button in a rather awesome way.
- Berserk Button: The Boating survey got Demo angry enough, but when NASCAR was brought up in one of the questions...
- The Cameo:
- He has cameoed for Marc Mues, The Rap Critic, Derek the Bard, and The Film Renegado. His cameos range from critical analysis to shirtless dancing.
- The end of Songify featured cameos from Oancitizen, Todd in the Shadows, Cin Wicked, Karen of Color The Grayscale, and TGWTG title card artist KrinSyn while torturing Derek the Bard.
- He offers Marc Mues a rhyme in his Worst 6 Pop Songs of 2011 video.
- Credits Gag: Has one bonus text joke/witty aside at the end of all his videos.
- Celebrity Resemblance: He looks like a lot of people, theoretically. He usually tests with with science.
- Hidden Depths: When you look at Demoversi, your first thought is probably a Hell's Angels-esque biker dude. Then you watch his videos and find out he's a highly intelligent fellow who does surveys as a hobby.
- Let's Play: The Let's Survey series, in which he walks us through...online surveys.
- Must Have Caffeine: Definitely, as his frequent tweets about this topic show.
- One of Us: Demo has been known to classify things in trope terminology. Also, he is totally willing to edit his own TV Tropes entry...for aesthetic reasons only, of course.
- Radio Drama: Demo plays Shigure in a Fruits Basket radio drama adaptation, written by JesuOtaku.
- Is also playing the role of the nurse in Katawa Seiyu, a Youtube project with the objective of dubbing Katawa Shoujo.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: In "Money For Nothing", he explains why it's a bad idea to use this in reviews...and catches himself doing so later.
- Shirtless Scene: In one particular cameo, Demo tore off his shirt. Of course, the vest stayed on...somehow.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Coffee. Demo LOVES coffee. He's claimed on Twitter to be 99% coffee. Pushing Up Roses once dared him to go a week without it.