David Silverman is an American animator and director best known for his work on The Simpsons.
He has worked on the show since they were animated shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show, Silverman is largely responsible for redesigning the Simpson family so they look more appealing to audiences, he is also called upon to animate difficult scenes such as Homer's heart attack from "Homer's Triple Bypass" and Homer's hallucinations from "The Mysterious Voyage Of Homer".
For a brief time he left the series to work at different animation studios like Pixar, Dreamworks, and Bluesky.
He is frequenctly caricatured on "The Simpsons" and has provided the occasional voice over role as incidental characters.
List of works directed by David Silverman:
- ''The Simpsons":
- "Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire"
- "Bart The Genius"
- "Bart the General"
- "Life on the Fast Lane"
- "Some Enchanted Evening"
- "Bart Gets an F"
- "Treehouse of Horror" (The Raven segment only)
- "Bart vs. Thanksgiving"
- "The Way We Was"
- "Old Money"
- "Blood Feud"
- "Black Widower"
- "Homer's Triple Bypass" - Animated Homer's near-fatal heart attack.
- "Krusty Gets Kancelled"
- "Treehouse of Horror IV"
- "Simpsons Clip Show"
- "Homie the Clown"
- "Mother Simpson"
- "The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular"
- "Treehouse of Horror XIII"
- "Treehouse of Horror XV"
- "Treehouse of Horror XVI"
- "Treehouse of Horror XVII" (with Matthew Faughnan)
- "The Man Who Came to Be Dinner"
- Shorts and Feature Films:
- The Strange Case Of Mr. Donny Brook's Boredom
- The Road To El Dorado (additional sequences)
- Monsters, Inc. (Co-director with Pete Doctor and Lee Unkrich)
- The Simpsons Movie
- The Longest Daycare
- Simpsons Take The Bowl
- Trumptastic Voyage
- Planet Of The Couches
- The Pink Panther (upcoming animated feature film)