They started off as a young player wanting to create their own games since they first received Duke Nukem 3D from a friend in middle school. Once they found out it had a level editor, the spark of creativity was lit and it has not gone out yet. Since then, they acquired and learned to master the Descent Mission Builder that came with special editions of Descent; They went on to create several campaigns throughout the years for the game series. They also dabbled in RPG Maker territory, creating two games and currently working on a third which appears to be in Development Hell, even to the point of Vapor Ware. They've also created a sizeable collection of Zelda Classic quests, some of which are quite popular within that community. Interestingly, They've dove into Big Kahuna Reef and created multiple level packs totaling over 250 challenging levels. Finally, they've finished and released a fan made Mega Man game, Megaman: Revenge of the Fallen, on Nov 27, 2014.
They have added writing to their list of skills with their own stories and have completed two full novel-sized fanfics for both the The Legend of Zelda series and the movie Zootopia entitled Zelda's Honor and In Darkness I Hide respectively. They have two other fanfics which are in hiatus, one for Final Fantasy VIII and one for Zootopia. They are now advertising a six book series revolving around one of their personal flagship furry characters: Taylor Renee and her tailmaw, Ahya, in a series entitled The Legend of Ahya with the first book, Target of Interest, due out sometime in 2021 (said to be released under a pen name).
They've also directed a OC Remix album for the soundtrack of Skies of Arcadia with a total of 36 tracks across 3 CD s entitled Arcadia Legends. On February 7, 2017, the album was granted official OC Remix album status and on December 11, 2018 the release trailer was dropped: Arcadia Legends Release Trailer. The entire album was released on December 21, 2018 and can be downloaded for free at: http://arcadia.ocremix.org! One last noteworthy thing about this album was that after physical copies were made, a box of 75 was sent to SEGA and a copy managed to make it into the hands of Reiko Kodama, Producer of Skies of Arcadia - a milestone for OC Remix albums.
Their current round of projects involve a self-made RPG that has been in the works since 2006 and their in-progress fanfics and/or commercial book series. They've also wrapped up directing a second OC Remix album for Jet Force Gemini entitled Mizar Attacks! that was granted official album status on the site on February 16, 2020.
You can follow them on Facebook (although they don't post there often). They also have their own Youtube channel which details 100% walkthroughs of their works alongside various Let's Plays of commercial games. Given the name and that they are involved in the furry fandom, Darkflamewolf also has quite an impressive collection of art revolving around their fursona and other characters they've created, all of which will be appearing in their The Legend of Ahya book series. - You can find them at these locations: Fur Affinity, Deviantart, Instagram, Twitter, So Furry, Ink Bunny, Pillow Fort, Weasyl, and Furry Network.
Games Darkflamewolf has made:
- Duke Nukem 3D:
- The Return (5-level mission pack w/ 4 secret levels and 2 MP levels. Included custom enemies, weapons and textures.)
- The Realms of Grune (5-level mission pack w/ 1 secret level and 1 MP level. Included custom enemies, weapons and textures.)
- Bahagad Outbreak (8-level campaign w/ 2 secret levels. Included custom music and modified robots.)
- The Lost Levels (24-level campaign w/ 1 secret level. Included a new set of weapons, two new player ships, custom music and modified robots.)
- Descent: The Enemy Within (26-level campaign w/ 6 secret levels. Included brand new robot cast, new player ship, new HUD, custom music and textures.)
- Descent Vignettes (25-level campaign w/ 2 secret levels. Included custom music.)
- Multitude of Descent Multiplayer levels (Notable ones include The Purple Room, Alpha Quadrant, Azure Catacombs, Arbiter Grounds, Castle de le Muerte, Damned Warehouse, Hive of Despair, Wolfie's Tea Room, Infernal Cavern, Forgotten Fortress and Chaos Theory.)
- Zelda Classic:
- Wolfstyle (First quest made; 7 major dungeons, not a full overworld.)
- The Fallen One (Second quest made; 9 major dungeons, full overworld.)
- The Fragments of Power (Third quest made; 9 major dungeons + 1 Master Dome, full overworld.)
- 1st Quest Revamp (Fourth quest made; Remake of the original 1st quest from The Legend of Zelda.)
- Hidden Duality (Fifth quest made; 10 major dungeons, 5 optional dungeons, 2 full overworlds.)
- Isle of the Winds (Sixth quest made; 9 major dungeons, 4 optional dungeons, 1 overworld - comprised of 2 full overworlds.)
- Ganon's Claim (Seventh quest made; 5 major dungeons + 1 Master Dome, 1 half overworld.)
- Wolfstyle DX (Eighth quest made; 7 major dungeons + 1 Master Dome, 1 half overworld.)
- Lost Isle (Ninth quest made; 5 major dungeons, 3+ optional dungeons, 3 full overworlds.)
- Origin (Tenth quest made; Re-envisioning of the 1st and 2nd quests from The Legend of Zelda. Includes a brutally hard 3rd quest mix of the first two.)
- RPG Maker, Game Maker and other engines:
- Land of Dreams (Second RPG made; first released. Simple, basic and full of cliches.)
- Megaman Tournament (Third RPG made. Basically a fighting strategy game, no real exploration of note.)
- Megaman: Revenge of the Fallen (A 20-stage Mega Man fan game that brings 11 Robot Masters to the table and a boatload of upgrades and collectables to find.)
- Big Kahuna Reef:
- Wolfie Levels (First set released; 40 levels.)
- Wolficades (Second set released; 30 levels.)
- Wolfie's Metroid (Third set released; 50 levels.)
- Wolfie Zelda (Fourth set released; 30 levels.)
- Wolfie Deluxe (Fifth set released; 50 levels.)
- Wolfie Bonus Pack (Sixth set released; 10 levels.)
- Wolfie Masks (Seventh set released; 92 levels.)
- Wolfie Variations (Eighth set released; 45 levels.)
Physical Card Fan Games Darkflamewolf has designed:
- Super Smash Bros. Triple Triad: The classic Final Fantasy VIII mini-game, now with Super Smash Bros. Brawl enemies and characters printed on the cards instead. Each card also comes with a small paraphrased blurb that can be found on the trophy itself within the game. Several new rules and game types were added to spice up the existing game format.
- Megaman Battle Network Collectible Card Game: A interesting variation on the Magic: The Gathering format which adds a physical game board playing space where you can place your Net Navis on and maneuver them around while 'executing' them to attack your opponent. Looks to be a complex card game where deck building is only half the battle.
Games Darkflamewolf is currently making:
Stories Darkflamewolf is currently writing:
- Final Fantasy VIII:
- Fate Deceived: A fanfic story set about one year after the events of the game. Following the wake of the second sorceress war with Ultimecia and her plan for Time Compression, Squall and the rest of SeeD are trying to rebuild the world after the previous year's Lunar Cry; getting governments to come to terms and establish a world peace treaty. All seems well until a dark secret from within Esthar comes to light and puts all their hard work at risk as SeeD is hunted down from both within and everywhere they go.
- Zootopia: Death Becomes You: A fanfic story set a little over a year after the plot of the movie Zootopia. Nick and Judy have become fast friends and great partners on the ZPD force and are potentially making the next big leap in their relationship by visiting her parents and introducing them to Nick. However, a sinister plot begins to infiltrate the peaceful Zootopia from within, seeking to tear the entire fabric of their utopia apart and utilize every animal as nothing more than food. Can Nick and Judy solve the crisis before it tears their world apart?
- An original 6-book (planned) series based on their furry character: Taylor Renee and their tailmaw, Ahya. The entire series is set to be called The Legend of Ahya with the first book, Target of Interest, due out sometime in 2021 (said to be released under a pen name).
Stories Darkflamewolf has finished writing:
- The Legend of Zelda:
- Zelda's Honor: A fanfic story set in the timeline following the events of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. It is intending to bridge the gap between the events of those games and its subsequent entry on the same timeline, Twilight Princess, while bringing in elements of Skyward Sword and the overall mythos of the series. Intended for adult audiences only.
- In Darkness I Hide - A Zootopia Story: A rare type of fanfic in the fandom where it does not center around Judy Hopps or Nick Wilde. Instead it features a brand new OC (Original Character) of the author's design, Murana Delante Wolford or as some know her: The Darkflamewolf. It follows the exploits of Murana, a wolf who is a bank CEO by day and a vigilante by night who brutally burns her victims. Granted these victims are heinous criminals, but it draws the ire of various factions both law-abiding and nefarious. The story incorporates a lot of movie locations and cameos a healthy cast of canon characters from the film while introducing a new cast of characters to fall in love with and/or hate.
Music Albums Darkflamewolf has directed:
- Arcadia Legends: An OverClocked ReMix album, their 69th official release. Started over 3 years prior to its public launch, Darkflamewolf began recruiting for remixers to arrange songs for the album based off of Skies of Arcadia soundtrack. In their words, they were a relative nobody in the remixing scene and had no musical talent of their own, yet managed to direct and help steer the project to completion with a whopping 36 tracks of music (with 11 unfinished bonus tracks!) spread across 3 discs from over 45 different talented remixers. Given that the 15th anniversary of the original game's release had already passed, they opted to released it within the 15th anniversary of the Nintendo GameCube port of it, Skies of Arcadia: Legends, making the release date of December 21, 2018, within days of the 15th year anniversary ending! You can download the entire album here: Arcadia Legends
- Co-directed by Modus and album mastered by Rotten Eggplant.
Tropes that could apply to Darkflamewolf or their works:
- American Kirby Is Hardcore: Seemingly influenced by westernized gritty remakes or revampings of classic series, Darkflamewolf has turned several fan works of theirs into dark versions of their former franchise canon selves — to the point it seems to be Darkflamewolf's stamp of influence on anything they do.
- The most notable examples being Zelda's Honor and Lost Isle, which includes gore, rape and such.
- Not to say Final Fantasy VIII was aimed at younger kids per sey, but their new fanfic involving this game universe seems to be on the extreme end of the rating scale.
- And now their Zootopia fanfic of Death Becomes You is looking to be heading the same dark path. The first chapter alone starts off with a brutal boxing match with Judy pitted against a polar bear. A rape crime scene and violent interludes of torture. We haven't even begun chapter 2 yet!
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: This only applies to Darkflamewolf's written works, more specifically the Zootopia ones. Given how fringe and dark some of the stories can get, not to mention one doesn't even prominently feature Nick Wilde or Judy Hopps, interest in Darkflamewolf's stories from within the fandom has not been very high. It is generally fans or readers from within the broader furry community that have expressed interest and favorable reactions toward Darkflamewolf's fanfics.
- Nintendo Hard: Most Let's Players and reviewers have commented on how difficult most of Darkflamewolf's games are and tend to agree with the assessment that they can be quite brutal to the uninitiated. Those who are more familiar with their previous works can usually expect a good challenge.