Dante Daniel "Danny" Bonaduce (born August 13, 1959) is an American radio/television personality, comedian, professional wrestler, and former child actor. Danny Bonaduce first entered the public conciuosness as wisecracking pre-teen band member Danny Partridge on The Partridge Family in 1970. After the end of the show, Danny's life became troubled by drugs, alcohol and even at least one period of homelessness.
Tropes associated with Danny Bonaduce:
- Adam Westing: Danny has made an entire career out of being a washed-up former child star.
- Addled Addict: He claims to have little to no memory of The '80s.
- Ascended Meme/The Cameo: If a TV show features a "Partridge in a pear tree" gag in association with a "Twelve Days of Christmas" theme, it will feature Bonaduce 99% of the time.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: One morning, Danny and his radio crew are discussing things they have done out of desperation. One caller relates that she wanted to go somewhere after a painful medical proceedure. Out of desparation, she takes a bunch of drugs. In a nod to his drug-addled past, Danny comments: "...for you it was desparation. For me it was Tuesday."
- Dark and Troubled Past: His past exploits include drug and alcohol abuse, homelessness, punching a transvestite hooker (which he narrates on World's Dumbest... with an animated recreation) and his notorious temper.
- Former Child Star: Danny makes a point of stating that he would have turned into a drug-addicted Jerkass with or without his role on The Partridge Family, so he can be seen as an aversion of sorts.
- Game Show Host: Of StarFace, a short runner on GSN.
- Person as Verb: One morning he commented that he allowed his short fuse to get the better of him causing him to snap and verbally assault someone. Naturally he called it "Going Bonaduce".
- Pungeon Master: He's capable of both some pretty laughworthy or groanworthy ones.
- Recovered Addict: During his Seattle radio segment "Danny Bonaduce: Life Coach", Danny will frequently discuss his troubled past and how frequently the pull of addiction has tried to drag him back under.
- Self-Deprecation: He's not above being the butt of his own jokes. He's even implied that he has a Teeny Weenie.