Daniel Remar is an indie game developer from Sweden. His most famous game is probably Iji, which he created over a span of four years. All his games can be downloaded here. He is aware of TV Tropes, and in fact has posted on the TV Tropes Forum threads about his games as Ulti, providing Word of God and information on the games' development.
Games made by Daniel Remar include:
- Hero Core, as well as the game Hero, its predecessor
- Castle of Elite, a puzzle-platformer
- Garden Gnome Carnage, a rather ...uncommon Christmas-themed arcade-style game.
- Hyper Princess Pitch, a Garden Gnome Carnage Spin-Off and Spiritual Successor to the 1996 Midnight Synergy game, Operation Carnage
- Muri, a Genre Throwback to 1980s MS-DOS platformer-shooter games
- Princess Remedy In a World of Hurt, a role-playing arena shooter?
Tropes commonly found in his games:
- Easter Egg: His games contain lots of them. This is part of his Signature Style.
- Running Gag: Reallyjoel's Dad, a Memetic Badass who is allegedly capable of completing all the games blindfolded with one toe and a broken controller that is on fire.
- And thus many of Remar's games have a hidden "Reallyjoel's Dad" difficulty that's an Unwinnable Joke Difficulty for everyone who isn't Reallyjoel's Dad.
- Signature Style: Equally great amounts of Easter Eggs and Stuff Blowing Up.
- Turns Red: Usually inverted, as he prefers bosses weakening as they take damage to avert Critical Existence Failure.
- Unwinnable Joke Game: Most of his games have a highest difficulty level called "Reallyjoel's Dad" that is completely impossible. Examples include Hero Core, Iji, and Hyper Princess Pitch, though in Pitch it's actually called "Reallyjoel's Mom".
- Please note that Reallyjoel's dad has completed the Reallyjoel's Dad difficulty of Hero Core. Just to prove that the level name isn't hyperbole. Pitch's "Reallyjoel's Mom" difficulty is also technically beatable and Reallyjoel's Mom did most certainly beat it without assist tools, yet no one else but her husband could manage that.