Criterion Games is a video game developer situated in Guildford, England. It was founded in 1996 as a division of Criterion Software (founded in 1993) to develop games that could showcase the RenderWare engine, used in titles like the sixth-generation Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and their own Burnout series. Their claims to fame are Racing Games that are intense and exciting, like Burnout (natch) and Need for Speed.
They are a subsidiary to Electronic Arts since August 2004.
Games and franchises developed by Criterion Games:
- Scorched Planet
- Sub Culture
- Redline Racer
- Suzuki Alstare Racing
- Deep Fighter
- Burnout series
- Need for Speed series
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
- Need for Speed Rivalsnote
- Need for Speed (2015)note
- Battlefield Hardline note
- Star Wars Battlefront (2015) note