Corey Dorris is one of the members of the group known as Team Starkid.
An original Starkid member at the University of Michigan, and the only one to go on to study at Juilliard.
Tropes that apply to this actor include:
- Colorblind Casting: Is frequently cast in a role where it's essential to the plot that he's a blood relative of a white character (Grandpa in The Trail to Oregon!, Bill in The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals).
- Small Role, Big Impact: Multiple times he's had relatively less stage time than other actors but blown away the audience with an extremely memorable solo ("Big T's Temptation" in Me and My Dick, "Our Doors Are Open" in Black Friday, arguably the "Grandpa Dies" version of "You Gotta Go" in The Trail to Oregon!).
- Token Minority: Was unfortunately the only black actor in several of the shows he was in (Me and My Dick, The Trail to Oregon! and The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals). The Lang Brothers have pledged to be better about this in the future.
- Underage Casting: In two of his most famous roles, Grandpa from The Trail to Oregon and Bill from the Hatchetfield series, he played someone significantly older than he is in Real Life (an elderly grandpa and a middle-aged dad).
- Me and My Dick (2009): Big T
- A Very Potter Sequel (2010): Yaxley
- A Very Potter Senior Year (2012): Kingsley Shacklebolt
- The Trail to Oregon! (2014): Grandpa and Cletus Jones
- The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals (2018): Bill Woodward
- Black Friday (2019): Frank Pricely, Principal Humbugger
- Nightmare Time (2020): Bill Woodward
- A VHS Christmas Carol (2020): Fred