Coeur Al'Aran is a fanfiction writer who focuses exclusively on writing RWBY stories. He is known within the community for having completed several novel-length works and consistently updating ongoing ones on a weekly or biweekly basis. There's even a wiki about his works.
Most of his stories focus on the character of Jaune Arc, usually with some minor or major changes made to either his character or the setting as a whole. Captain Dragon and Dating What Daddy Hates avert this formula, focusing on Yang Xiao-Long and a pairing of Weiss Schnee and Sun Wukong respectively.
The list of his completed stories consists of:
- One Good Turn Deserves Another
- Stress Relief
- The Equalizer (one-shot)
- From Beyond
- Professor Arc (and its various spin-offs)
- The Entertainer
- Not this time, Fate
- The Beacon Civil War
- Captain Dragon
- In The Kingdom's Service
- White Sheep
- Dating What Daddy Hates
The ongoing stories:
- Service With A Smile
- Relic Of The Future
- The Unseen Hunt
- Forged Destiny
- Professor Arc II: Headmaster Arc
The tropes present in multiple works include:
- Adaptational Jerkass: The characters in Coeur's works are often significantly less likeable than they are in the original show. The most common offenders are Ozpin, who is presented as an unrepentant Troll at best and an outright villain at worst and Jaune, who almost always far more manipulative than in canon and is occasionally portrayed as a pervert, covert or otherwise.
- Canon Marches On: Most stories have been made at least partially contradictory to canon after Volume 6 of RWBY came out. Jaune's eldest sister being named "Saphron" and Adam having horrible facial scarrings are the most obvious examples, with less obvious examples being Salem's relation to Ozpin, Jaune's true semblance, etc.
- Demoted to Extra:
- Ruby, more often than not, due to most stories focusing on Jaune instead. Despite being the protagonist of the original show, she gets very little focus in most stories and frequently gets written out of the events she originally played any significant role in.
- Pyrrha, despite often being Spared by the Adaptation, is often relegated to the background or Demoted to Satellite Love Interest. Whereas canonically she played an important role in Jaune's character arc after he came to Beacon, most fics have him already going through said arc before the story began, or give Pyrrha's role to a different character.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: Even the comedic stories tend to be significantly more cynical than the original, with characters being motivated by selfish goals and occasionally committing morally questionable acts.
- Spared by the Adaptation: In the stories that re-adapt the events of RWBY Volume 3, the Fall of Beacon tends to cause less casualties among the main cast. Pyrrha has thus far avoided her canonical death in Professor Arc, Stress Relief, White Sheep, In the Kingdom's Service and - sort of - Not this time, Fate!
- Talking Is a Free Action: The villains are always happy to politely wait as the heroes discuss strategy, even in the middle of a battle.